Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday Focus Group // Treatment and support for people experiencing personality disorders // Tuesday 6 March, 7pm AEDT

@Phoenix_Rising

wish i had your therapist 🙂

Re: Topic Tuesday Focus Group // Treatment and support for people experiencing personality disorders // Tuesday 6 March, 7pm AEDT

@Phoenix_Rising

TTT sounds amazing! If you don't mind, I'm going to ask if we can encorporate maybe some aspects of her style, when my T gets back from her break.

Things that help

the forum

sane

groups that I attend twice weekly

more recently my family

often my dog and garden

sleep helps hugely but I don’t have that sorted. 

Ive started volunteering and that is more positive than negative

for me understanding myself better is a big factor 

medication 

Goodnight everyone, i think it's time for me to log off. I'm getting tired.

thanks @NikNik and @EliseSunflower for a great night.  I really enjoyed it 🙂

Thanks for participating @BlueBay - it was great to have you involved!

Thanks @BlueBay Really appreciate what you've shared tonight.

Currently I see a psychologist weekly or fortnightly. I participate in SANE forum. I don’t sleep well, I care for my elderly mother, I do little to no social activity apart from my partner and five kids, one sister occasionally.
I’m not in the paid workforce. I knit , walk my dog, sometimes paint/draw.

My husband is my biggest support person. He is very understanding. Then I have my therapist. I’ve been in a holding pattern since I was diagnosed due to trying to get my medication and sleep right. Therapist won’t start DBT till that’s settled. I don’t have any friends probably due to my BPD. My mum has helped a little but she is a trigger too. I’ve joined a few support groups online but that’s about it. It’s hard to get out of the house at times. Plus I’ve got 8 kids that drive me up the wall too.

After spending five years in the mental health system, i ended up giving up on health professionals around three years ago. I found that no professional knew how to treat people with learning disabilities and mental disorders. Fortunately, i had an understanding of the health system because i had grown up with dealing with paediatricians. At the present time, I'm relying on a cocktail of drugs to get by each day and I'm reading all i can on the topic of BPD to solve my problems.

i thought that going back to work was helpful for me, in order to build relationships and have a purpose, but its also highly stressful and challenging which leads to not so great coping strategies in itself.
Attending my psychologist appointments was very helpful but that has ended.
Trying to exercise and eat properly is something i need to do more of.
If i could have and sustain closer relationships and have a more balanced life i think i could cope better too...
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance