Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Studying and being ND

Haha @creative_writer yeah I have so many notebooks, binders, and other stuff I've bought in attempts to get organised. It's hard to build the new habit of using them hey. 

@Jynx I feel like phone is best way to go for most things. It just looked really pretty, would make a good gift if I didn’t use it anyways. How do you remember important things?

@creative_writer ummm.... I don't always 🙃

But mainly setting lots of alarms and reminders. I do need to get back into the habit of keeping a diary so I don't keep double-booking myself haha

@Jynx I feel like the world is too fast for me. I feel since I have to remain seated after studying for long periods of time, I seem to get a bit restless around this time of the afternoon. I’m coming down with brain scatteredness😅. I can’t drink more matcha, already had the maximum you can in a day and it’s too late anyways for caffeine rn. Maybe I should look into other relaxing herbal teas

@creative_writer yeah I feel that - world is too fast, for me, and then my brain is also too fast for the world. Weird dichotomy! 

Why do you need to remain seated after study, if you don't mind me asking? 

Oooh I love a good peppermint for a bit of revitalising - it's a strong flavour, goes well with a twist of lemon and honey! 

@Jynx I must remain seated to do more uni work 😅. It doesn’t end. I’ve done lots and lots of planning yet, just need to do the write up now. I do feel like I’m cramming lots in. Then to be fair I start placement on the 20th, Im aiming to finish both of my 3000 word assignments by then because it’ll be tricky once placement starts

@creative_writer ahaha gotcha, well make sure you listen to that inner restlessness and get up to stretch and wander about from time to time! Regular breaks very good for brain 😊

Oh wowwww two 3000 word assignments in 12 days! You machine! I commend you for that, and send you all sorts of focusey, brain powery vibes 😋💜

@JynxI am actually worried though, but maybe that’s my brain. Like I’m always like how I’m going to get everything done. I was actually meant to finish everything by this coming Friday but that didn’t work out for my brain. Always living off the edge. Probably won’t get a break for a while because placement starts straight afterwards. I do get weekends off though

@creative_writer I feel that, like when everything is all piling up and you feel like you can't hold it all in your brain at once. I have always found that the adrenaline of the 'last minute' is my greatest motivator... Which sometimes bites me back, but most times it all seems to work out 😅

What will you do with your weekends? I mean you won't have assignments and such whilst on placement, right? 

@Jynx I sometimes get an intense urgency to get things out of the way ASAP or my head doesn’t feel at rest. I mean it’s my assignments, not bladder 🤭, I know I have times but my brain doesn’t seem to think so. I have assignments during placement but those are done during placement times. Weekends are for relaxing 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance