Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

Sleeping on the floor is the BEST for my back @ArraDreaming @Captain24 ! I love sleeping on the floor, but I feel I need to buy one of those heated mats for the winter. Before, I was sleeping straight on the floor with not mattress or anything. But because it's cold now, it's not good for an arthritic back. 

I had a work mate who had a heated mat. I think it was korean. I don't know the name of it but it runs on electricity to pump heated water throughout the mat. It was awesome to sit and lie down on. I'm going to look it up.

I reckon exercise is best for my sore back. I'm not going to say it's for every sore back because it depends on why your back is sore.

and why your sleeping on the floor @tyme I would prefer my own bed at this point!! Personally

It’s hard when the weather just won’t help with the enjoyment! @tyme If you can call walking enjoyment. Maybe a better way is saying more grounding!!!! Mmmmm… taking the kids for a walk! Yep.. I get it 😜 

I’m only allowed to walk around the house. No sitting, no walking, no lifting, no pushing, no pulling. I have to use a heat pack, only sit for so long and then I have to walk around. I can’t actually lift my right leg to put my pants and shoes on without extreme pain.

I hurt my back at work. It really sucks!! It’s just adding to the pressures. That’s why I’m really starting to struggle. There are moments that it gets really scary. Those moments are becoming more frequent though. 

What do you think of the game Cap?

Oh no @Captain24 .... do they have a legal right to put you off at all? It's a scary thought. 

Seeing you are in NSW would you consider doing a Peer Worker certificate? Or a Cert in Mental Health. There are a lot of online courses. Some have fee exemptions and scholarships running. You can have a look to see if MHCC is granting and scholarship openings if you are interested.

Is your current job a job you can do when you are older? Or is it physically taxing?

No they don’t @tyme. So far it isn’t even through work cover. It’s just been in house at the moment. It isn’t bad enough to take it through them. Plus then they can pull my medical records and I dont want anything on there to be seen. 

The oldest guy at work is 70 then 67 and they go down from there. So it’s a job you can keep going at. 

I did enrol in Cert IV but I stopped doing when things got really bad with the whole med thing. I need to try and restart it. 

With the course, is it online so you can do it whenever, as long as you complete it by a certain deadline? @Captain24 

Yeah it’s through TAFE @tyme. So I need to get stuck into it. But it does scare me how dumb I am though. I was struggling with the first assignment before I crashed. So I’m now really worried that I’m just not capable. 

Is there peer workers on Monday? Is it a public holiday? 

Hey @Captain24 , 

Yes, it's a Public Holiday on Monday so there will be NO peer workers. But there will be mods online. I will be sending out a notification about it 🙂

Are you working on Monday?

No I go back to work on Wednesday. @tyme. That’s a bugger. One of the weekend PSW’s makes me feel uncomfortable

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance