Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Spookums
Contributor

Feeling weird. Need to talk.

I feel so weird the last couple of days. Not BAD or SICK but still, somehow, WRONG. I tried to call a family member the other day to talk about it... But they have laryngitis and can't talk at the moment. I vaguely hinted at stuff to my acting manager today when asking to finish early and I think I weirded him out. Then I called my Mum to try and talk to her but she just started to panic until I tried to reign it in a bit. Tonight going to try too talk to my husband. Is this bad? Should I tell people when things get weird?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Feeling weird. Need to talk.

I'm here if you want to talk. I don't have answers for you, but I'm wondering if this feeling will pass or if it's a good idea to talk about it now? @Spookums 

Do you have a professional treating team around you?

@Spookums how are you doing today?

Thanks @tyme . I'm actually seeing my psychiatrist on Wednesday so I'll talk to him about it then if in still off-kilter. In a bit nervous, though, because I haven't been seeing him for very long and I feel like he was a bit dismissive the last time I mentioned anything weird like this... We'll see. 

Hi @Glisten . I think I feel a bit better today. Just totally wiped out. Might try and have an early night.

@Spookums , I'm glad you feel a little better. The psych may ask you to describe what the 'wrong' felt like. Do you think this is something you can articulate?

@Spookums could you have Ross River or Glandular fever?

I’m only asking because when I got both at the same time, “weird and wiped out” is how I described feeling.

G