Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: With coffee .... without coffee. A place for us coffee lovers and coffee!

hi @Former-Member thanks for making me laugh with the corgy photo - that's exactly how I felt before & after coffee!

Happy Birthday @Former-Member ! Warmest wishes for a lovely day today Smiley Happy

@Shaz51 you always find the best pictures, I don't know how you do it!! hi @CheerBear 

I'm very happy to report my appointment is over, yay. At my appointment, the cafe next door was closed so instead of another coffee I had a kit-kat for an energy boost! 

hope you're all having a nice arvo, it's sunny here & I'm just doing some cooking 

hello @Peri , soo good to see you Heart

what are you cooking @BryanaCamp 

I love corgis , I had a corgi , her name was Tara

Thanks for the coffee. I would enjoy that @Shaz51 

peri

Yes @Shaz51  I too had corgi's @BryanaCamp  - a male by the name of Peanuts and a female called Nutmeg.

Hi there gorgeous @Peri ... lovely to see you getting around the forums a little bit this afternoon.  Are you well?

@Gazza75  I have been reading a number of your posts around the place lately.  Great to see you being so active.  I hope you are finding your feet here and benefiting from the support and camaraderie of the forums.

Hi anyone else around.

Sherry 

I love the names @Former-Member , peanut and nutmeg Heart

@Former-MemberThanks very much.  Trying to find my way round here a bit still.  Hopefully not stepping on too many tootsies 😉  I hope you are doing well today and have time for a nice cuppa at some point!

hi @Gazza75 hope you're travelling ok? I've got a strssful appointment out of the way so feeling very relieved now.

hi @Former-Member and @Shaz51 my dad used to have corgies (10 years ago now), they were so cute and loyal and had the best perosnalities.

@Shaz51  I'm cooking catfood - I know it sounds weird but he has a delicate constitution and the best way to keep him out of pain and away from expensive vet bills is to make his food. Quite a bit of work but worth it.

@Former-Member how is your hubby going, am I right in remembering that he's in hospital and your staying in accommodation nearby? Sounds like quite a demanding time, I hope you are doing ok, you're a very nice wife.

Hi @Gazza75  ... I havent seen that you've stepped on too many toes as yet.  You have been putting some very nice supportive and helpful posts out there.  Really pleasing to see.  

@BryanaCamp  ... yes corgi's do have really good personalities, are very loyal and are oh so cute.  Given the cost of vet fees, and the suffering otherwise suffered by your cat, I think cooking food for him is a sensible and economical alternative to commercial pet food.

Yes my hubby was in the city hospital being treated by a neurological team for a week, but was discharged just over a week ago now.  He is doing much better now thankfully.  Major improvement to where he was 2 weeks ago. He was suffering from autoimmune encephalitis, for which he is now being treated appropriately to reduce brain inflamation with high dose steriods.  It was a tough time for me personally staying in the city while he was in hospital.  It causes flareups in my PTSD symptoms.  So I was super pleased to get home again.  But the city stay was necessary, and now that hubby is on the improve, it was all worthwhile.

Sherry 🌸

Gosh @Former-Member that sounds very stressful. Brain inflammation, gosh who can understand that, sounds so severe. I am sorry you had ptsd flare-ups in the city, you're brave to stick by your man & endure that. I get complex-pstd reactions & it ain't pretty. It is very wonderful that you're back home, back with the confort and sanity of home. Hope you have a well-deserved "time-out from reality" tonight, have a lovely dinner, including a cocktal if you can manage it!, enjoy the company of your loved ones & indulge a little...chanmpange and dessery sounds good.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance