Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Re: Hello Peer Guides 🙂

Good morning @Ilovepenguins 

How was your weekend? I had a relaxed weekend and went orchid hunting. They a truly magnificent flowers, I found some Sun orchids this time...

Sun OrchidSun Orchid

@Blackbird11 my gosh, that's a gorgeous photo! thank you so much for sharing it 💜

How was your weekend? Were you able to go orchid hunting? That sounds like such a wholesome activity 💚

I've had a very quiet weekend sick with daycare bugs 😔 I think I'm getting over the worst of it now, thankfully kids are at school today so I can rest in solitude haha It's a bit windy here today though and our 10yo kelpie is a bit sooky when it's windy so he's keeping very close company today! 

I don't have any flower pics to share today but knowing you're also a bird fan, I'll share this picture of a hawk my partner took at work while he was clearing a paddock. This gorgeous hawk followed my partner around all day catching the mice that were being displaced!

hawk.jpg

Thanks for sharing @Ilovepenguins 

Sorry to hear of your sickness, glad you are in recovery 💚

I just love getting into nature and feeling at one with my surroundings, it balances and grounds me. I went orchid hunting twice, Saturday and Sunday.  The weather was cloudy with showers so it was a quick hunt both times. Good you have company today while you are in recovery 💕

Hello @Melbcoffeesnob 👋

Like your profile picture 

Hello @Former-Member 🙂👋 how are you today 

@Jynx 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello there @Shaz51 ☺️👋🏻

I’m doing pretty well thank you kindly ☺️

Today, I’ve reached out to a friend who recently had a bad fall, so it’s been really great to call her and chat (we’ve been chatting daily since she got back home) and hear the improvement in her voice 🙂🌺

How are you doing this evening? 

Sound like you made your friends day @Former-Member for ringing her up 🙂

I am doing OK now my brain had information overload this afternoon and felt overwhelmed for a little while 

Have you any furbabies? 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Shaz51  🙏🏻🙂 yeah..my friend lives alone and has a number of challenging aspects she deals with, and I really love to hear her voice sounding hopeful and with some happiness 🙂🌺

Im glad to hear that the brain overload has settled down with a bit of time 🙂

I hope you can relax for the evening? 

I unfortunately don’t have any pets - I live with autoimmune deficiency so pets aren’t a possibility at this time..however, I used to be a big aficionado of horses and dogs! Loved them ☺️

Do you have any pet companions? 🐕🐈🐠🦜

Morning @Former-Member 🙂

No pets at the moment 

Did have lots of different pets , dogs, cats, birds,  Guinea pigs,  fish 

I have kidney disease stage 4 with only one kidney and lots of other complications to go with it and yesterday they added insulin injections to my list 

Morning @Blackbird11 , @Ilovepenguins , @Velvet_VanDetta , @tyme , @Jynx , @hanami , @RiverSeal , @amber22 😊

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey there @Shaz51 🙂

Im really sorry to hear you’ve got stage 4 ckd and complications 😔

And I’m sorry to hear there’s now the addition of insulin injections ❤️‍🩹

I feel like with health challenges/illnesses, there’s a lot of necessary self-talk to keep feeling emotionally buoyant enough to manage…kind of like being in the surf and it’s the difference between getting dumped by big waves, or having the ability to body surf your way to the beach, mastering the churning waves beneath, if that kinda makes sense? ❤️‍🩹🙂