Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Hello @Ainjoule I don't believe we have met before. Just wanted to say with any meditation practice if you don't allready know is to start where the brain can slowly acclimatise. Theta brainwave states are usually a good place to begin.  I've done some forms of meditation like Shaktipat and when you do it with a trained meditator it can go really deep and you need a way to come out of it if you are beginning to get out of your depth. Usually pressing the coccygeal at the base of the spine is a good way to deactivate from your practice if you are finding it overwhelming. That is what I was taught. I would not start with Epsilon if you are not an experienced meditator. Go with Theta and be gentle on your system

@TAB  Have you watched Zach Galifianakis Between Two Ferns? 🤣 so funny 

hmm no will write it down , did you see them w machinegun , just too much, think they dont have scripts , its just off the planet lol @Glisten 

You always take such beautiful Photos @Shaz51 Your pictures of rivers especially, are striking.

Love those pictures.

Adge

Hi @Former-Member & @PeppyPatti Since you are both interested.

Surprising turn of events from my [disability support agency]–

This morning (email) the Supervisor said that he would Discharge me within 7 days, due to my not having a Support Worker - & his inability to find me one.

In fact he had refused to consider a new Support Worker.

Now, having said (replied) that I found the Meditation Mindfulness Group (Mondays) helpful, & would feel sad at the loss of Group Access –

• Supervisor replied that he is happy for me to continue to attend their groups, with some occasional support from the only available Peer Worker.

So he is not intending to Discharge me immediately, now….

Confusing, what brought this change of heart (withing 1 day)?

Clearly my expressing sadness at losing access to [disability service group] (when Discharged), & my saying that I find those Groups helpful - That is what brought about the Supervisor's change of heart.

I was not trying to draw out any empathy or compassion, as I did not see that he had the capacity for any.

That's why the turn of events is such a surprise.

Adge😊

[*edited by moderator to remove name of company]

I've never watched a lot of Reno @TAB ...but I like all I've seen. Love Frisbee and love when they win lotto!

i first saw it on tv was sbs I guess @StuF  was a lot more of that gay guy on roller skates in that series.

um yeah when they all came in to work one by one and said you can kiss my my big fat @rse when the captain and others already knew it wasnt a winner re lotto

That's the one @TAB !

Could see it happening to me! lol

.. yeah me too, only would  have to get a job first @StuF  have felt that feeling tho on 2 $10,000s on a scratchie, get tha highs and ..the lows ... and no 3rd one obv ha ha

Yeah @TAB , I think I still hold enough of a grudge against my old boss that I'd visit her to say it anyway lol

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance