Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

redheaded
Senior Contributor

hi

I've been recommended to join this forum from the ReachOut Forums because some of the stuff I'm going through isn't really relevant and they don't know how to help.
I'm 24 and apparently I'm psychotic.
I hate that term because it makes me feel like I'm just making everything up and that it's not real.

So hi, I'd love to see if anyone else has something similar.

38 REPLIES 38
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: hi

Hello @redheaded, I've nick-named myself Niqua, it's nice to meet you 🙂 I've never had the term psychotic thrown at me, but I don't hold much in all the titles. You have individual brain processes just like everybody does - I'm certainly the same as you there 🙂

I'm going to tag (using the  @ symbol) you in a couple of threads, so people may see your posts easier 🙂

Hope your smiling 🙂

redheaded
Senior Contributor

I'm currently inpatient on a medical ward on an order and it sucks. @Former-Member I'm bored and alone. I'm not even in my home town. I'm scared.

Don't worry about titles. I had my first psycotic edisode about 6 years ago.  It has taken a while to get it sorted including several hospitals stays, some ECT and diffent meds but it's undercontrol 99% of the time now.  I work full time, I'm at uni part time completing my Masters in Law and have excellent relationship with my partner, friends and family   To be honest, its not to different from a physical illness.  I also suffered a back injury and it also took a few hospital stays, a few surgeries, differenct treatments and different trials of medication to get it sorted.  

To be honest, I consider my back injury a disability not my mental health.

Good luck. 

redheaded
Senior Contributor

@eth I'll use this thread to talk about me.

@over1t I'm glad your managing it now, what helped the most.
eth
Community Elder

Hi and welcome @redheaded.  Sorry I didn't get back to you last night.  I was exhausted.  I have had psychosis more than once and am here to support you and to talk about it if you want to.  It seems so real at the time and can even feel quite spiritual at times.  I had some truly crazy adventures when I was psychotic, some of which make good stories now that I can look back on it from a distance, but most of which meant I took some real risks and am lucky to be here.  

Waiting for psych admission can be a scary time and I feel for you.  Sounds like you are battling physical pain too - hoping that resolves itself soon for you.

Look forward to getting to know you better.

eth
Community Elder

@Mazarita tagging you on @redheaded's thread.

eth
Community Elder

Good morning @redheaded  how are you feeling today?  Must be hard being in hospital away from your home town (as you said).  Did you get some sleep?

redheaded
Senior Contributor

@eth thanks. My stuff is more constant than episodic which means I don't get a break, I first got it when I was 18 (tho I didn't know what it was and didn't pay it much attention and didn't get it much to start with)
Now it's taking over my life and I don't know what to do.
redheaded
Senior Contributor

I managed some sleep which was good.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance