Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Dealing with intrusive thoughts - my struggle!

Today is weird. It's lovely spending time with my daughter, but the SI intrusive thoughts are playing havoc. I can't do my usual distraction techniques because I'm with her, so I had to take something to help.

Why can't I just enjoy a normal day?..... 

I totally hear you @Molliex I am having SI intrusive thoughts everyday.   

When do you see your GP next.   You're waiting for the referral to a psychiatrist or do you already have it?

I think I read you're not on meds?

I'm going through a med change atm so I am a bit all over the place and SI is worse I have a thread called 

Self Harm  (it's ruining my life)

I hope I'm getting this post right I haven't read your whole thread. 

Love Angels333 

I @Angels333, I've read your thread although I'm not sure I've commented. It's such a hard demon to battle with, sending hugs and strength your way.💕💕

I am on meds and am seeing a psychologist and a great gp, but waiting for referral to a psychiatrist to get my meds right. I mean if I still have strong SI, they can't be right yet.. Just going through a really tough battle with myself this last week. 

I see my GP on Monday 🌻

@Molliex Sorry, I went back and read part of your thread and answered most of the questions I had.

I'm just really thinking about you.

I got mixed up with SI do you mean Suicidal Ideation or Self Injury?

It must be a tough place either way. 

I hope you can distract and self sooth this afternoon xx

Hi @Angels333 sorry for confusion.

For me it's more suicidal ideation, self harm isn't as much of an issue. My ocd manifests mostly as intrusive thoughts and ruminations, currently they're really dark.

You're right, neither is fun. I'm going to watch some movies with my daughter. Hope you're doing OK today 🌻🌺🌸

My daughter has gone to bed. I'm sitting here alone. I'm so tired of fighting my SI. I'm just so tired. It's hard. Anyone around? @MDT @Angels333 @BlueBay @Zoe7 @eth @outlander @Gazza75 @Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 

I’m here @Molliex  if you want to chat. 

I hear you xx

Hi @Molliex, I am around for about an hour. Just at the gym.  Can you do something to distract yourself and occupy your mind? Music, movie  a bath or something that you enjoy.

Have you been struggling with sleeping??

Hugs ❤️❤️🌼🌼

Hi @BlueBay, sorry to hear about your mum and how much that must frustrate you. You have every right to be mad as hell. As others said, you made the effort. 

❤️❤️❤️🌼🌼

Thanks @Gazza75 ❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance