Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Living with Ourselves

Hi @Sophia1 i hope all is well for yourself and your loved ones. I'm doing alright but I'm far from in an ideal situation. Having good and bad thoughts. Constantly battling basically. Always on the verge pretty much. Problems after problems that I'm not really solving/doing anything about. 

Hi @Sophia1  Heart

awwww my @Sophia1 HeartHearthugs.jpg

thanks for responses and support buttons

too much going on ...

"family member" trauma..

pictures better than words for me for now..

I love this one...symbolises so much

I wonder what others see...

elephant with dog.jpg@Shaz51@eth@eudemonism@Former-Member@outlander@CheerBear@Former-Member 

@Hope4me@Sahara@greenpea

as always only respond if it will help you...I understand too many threads can be overwhelming..

These pictures that I post from time to time are part of my self-care...setting personal boundaries strategies..distractions..connecting with reality...nature..

They are not about discluding others..

take care all 💜🙀

@Sophia1 to  me the photo symbolizes mental illness (the black dog) being helped across a deep and dangergous river to recovery by the help that is family, firends, professional resources and of course the black dog itself etc(the elephant).

Dear @Sophia1

I agree with @greenpea and would like to add, I see the elephant wading through a vast sea of emotion symbolised by water. Both possess specific gifts which have merged to travel their chosen path.

Elephants are family orientated so protecting the dog while travelling appears natural. The black dog seems focused on what lies ahead with instincts on high alert to warn the elephant if trouble comes, also protecting his companion.

More importantly though, they both show trust in each other; an unnatural situation appearing quite normal.

It's a great pic @Sophia1

xo Heart

@Sophia1, I love your messages to me , I feel you really care for me which I need and love xoxo

Hello @Hope4me, @greenpea, @eth, @eudemonism

@Sophia1 there's some great articles online regarding dealing with family/friends who battling with mental illness. It would be good to see positive change and progress for all. As for myself I'm drifting in and out of thinking styles... drifting in and out of each depot phase, feeling terrible, getting over the hill, coming good and then bam-it starts again... I'm still having thoughts of great repentance and resentment... i think this is just about realizing the mistakes...

@Sophia1 The elephant pic to me represents someone has your back. Always a treasure when you find it, though rare, at least for me. Sending warm thoughts.

@Sophia1 @Shaz51 @Zoe7

The illness of society against the illness of the individual...
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance