Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Midnoctopus
New Contributor

Intro post

I'm part of a family and have moved to this continent to find peace from what haunted me. It rode here with me in my brain. Today I'm confident that while I do have many layers of neurodivergence, they are all made heavier by CPTSD. So, I'm an ADHD overachiever, depression veteran, autistic person. I've only now as an adult considered my mental health. When I look back I see no time spent recovering from anything before moving on to the next trauma. With no in-person support to speak of and having multiple layers of intersecting marginalised identities, life is tough and lonely. Isolation grows but safety eludes me. I joined this because I can't sleep. 

3 facts: French fries are my favourite food. I'm a cat person living with two puppies. I remember learning about alliteration and juxtaposition in my first year of college and I love to overuse both. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Intro post

Hi @Midnoctopus welcome to the forum. 

I am not sleeping tonight and found your post. Hope you have fallen asleep by now. 

Re: Intro post

@Midnoctopus 

Hello @Midnoctopus

Your self-description sounds interesting. The first sentence sounds like a song that I recall;

When you leave me, can I come too?”

Unfortunately, I hear also the difficulty of having constant companions that are most unwelcome. You have described the “many layers of neurodivergence”, and some of the aspects of those layers. I'm not surprised that you have difficulty sleeping.

I am familiar with the issues related to PTSD, ADHD and depression by personal association. Autism is not something I am personally familiar with, though I have a friend where it is an issue in the family.

Being an adult, before addressing mental health issues, is also something I know about. Unfortunately, not before it caused significant problems for me and others. And not being aware of the underlying issues, that I now believe and understand were contributing to those problems, too many years of disruption (a gentle way of putting it). So, I can also identify with the idea of running from one crisis to another, which comes to mind as you talk about “no time spent recovering from anything before moving on to the next trauma”.

If you would like to talk about some of the issues that you face, I know that you will find people here who will listen, discuss if you wish, and assist in any way possible.

Certainly, I would like to “talk” more if you would be happy to do so. You will find some other responses and comments I have offered on-site that will give you an idea of where I am coming from and maybe of the direction that I am traveling.

In the meantime,

My Best Wishes,

HenryX

PS: Just noticed that @Mazarita has left you a note as well, Cheers for now.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance