Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Work-life balance as a Carer// Tues 22nd September , 7-8:30PM AEST

We're almost at the end of our discussion for tonight everyone! Can't believe how fast time has gone by. I really enjoy talking to you all about this topic Heart  @Shaz51 @Former-Member @outlander @Quark 

I have gained so much more insights into the challenges as well as resilience and knowledge our carers community has. Staying focused and organised definitely has helped many with managing our multiple responsibilities. A big thank you for everyone who has joined and shared your thoughts on our discussion tonight.

Before we all head of for the night, I have got one final question for everyone- Part of the successful management of work-life balance is self-care. So, what are you doing to look after yourself?

For me, it would be to not neglect your self-care and try to incorporate small things that you enjoy doing with your daily tasks.

Additionally, you may find it helpful to have a chat with someone about some of the difficulties you have got.  We have wonderful counsellors at the SANE Help Centre whom you can talk to via phone or webchat. Additionally, Carer Gateway also has a free professional counselling service designed for carers. For more information, head to their website here.

I will leave the thread open until tomorrow morning for any last discussions.

Have a good night, everyone Smiley Very Happy  See you around the forums!

Re: Topic Tuesday // Work-life balance as a Carer// Tues 22nd September , 7-8:30PM AEST

@Former-Member, I do all mum's , mr shaz and my appts and just let mr shaz know what is happening today , not tomorrow @Peonies 

mr shaz can not cope with it 

thank you @Peonies , @Former-Member , @outlander@Quark@Schitzo 

for tonight 

love having a coffe on the front steps 

playing word games 

reading magazines 

I am ok at self care @Peonies once I understood the concept I was able to engage with it.

@Former-Member Friends do really help us in ways that family members can't always do Heart 
So sorry to hear about your calendar! Sounds like it is good that you have got have things on the phone Smiley Happy 

@Shaz51 Yes! learning that it is okay to no and reschedulling is so important and helpful Heart

Thank you @Peonies 

My self-care for tonight is to make myself a a cup of tea and maybe watch a comedy show on Netflix Smiley Happy Have a nice night everyone Heart Thanks again for coming to our event tonight! @Shaz51 @Former-Member 

it was great chatting with you all
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance