Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Staying Safe

@WinterSun

Thinking especially of  today.

Hi @Former-Member

Thanks for your kind thoughts. I’m jet lagged from arriving today from an overseas holiday planned so we missed the first altogether. We left 31st Dec and arrived home 2nd Jan. Our plan. We spent the time somewhat in the twilight zone which suited us all just fine.

We held our breath and though we had insurance, not for mental health though, we took our son and thankfully it went well. 

We didn’t want Christmas without our lost son and liked being on holiday where days run together and you lose track of time.

Kind regards to you and yours.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @WinterSun 

Quick check in to see how you are going.

Hi @Former-Member 

Things are okay. As good as they can be. 

Son is taking more responsibility regarding psychologist which is good. The routine of work is good for him.

Life without our son who ended his life continues with its ripple effects. It is so hard to walk this road. I wish those who contemplate that course of action could understand the terrible heartache they leave those around them with.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @WinterSun 

How are you going?

Hi @Former-Member

Thanks for checking in. Still going along. Hope your okay.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@WinterSun 

Checking in to see how you are going.

Hi @Former-Member

Life is challenging.

I’m sick of being sworn at by my son. 

I have worked hard to ensure everyone around me is managing after the death of my son but it doesn’t go both ways.

My son can’t seem to stand me having any weakness so I can’t process other sons death. 

I’m over it and wish I could just walk away.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@WinterSun  can you give yourself permission to grieve - I find I need to articilate my needs to Mr Darcy, and ask him to hold me and let me cry if needed (and not say anything).  

Do you feel strong enough to have a conversation around boundaries in relation to respect/language?

He won’t follow boundaries.

Even if we define them he breaks them.

It’s not acceptable for me to be weak and never has been.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance