Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Staying Safe

@WinterSun

I do hope son + pdoc connect and that a good therapeutic alliance happens.

Trust hubby remains stable too. Relatively steady here.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@WinterSun how is hubby faring in all of this? Do I remember right he has BP as well?

Hi @Former-Member

My hubby is bi polar on meds. He previously had ect which was the turning point in recovery.

He continues to see his psych dr twice a year for monitoring. He has continued as needed with psychological counselling.

At the moment he sees a psychologist that was recommended through the coroner skilled in suicide grief.

Hubby is a carer and thrives on helping others it gives him purpose and direction. At this point we have things in place if help required dr and private hospital access for us all too.

So different to years ago when he was unwell and and we didn’t have the knowledge to navigate the system.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Trust he remains stable for you @WinterSun

Former-Member
Not applicable

Checking in @WinterSun, how are you going?

@Former-Member
Thanks for checking. Just completed second suicide survivors group has probably been the most helpful in moving forward. Like this forum support and understanding from those in a similar situation.
Work has been super busy and I’m glad that I’m so occupied.
Hope you are going well.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @WinterSun

Thinking of you.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@WinterSun thinking especially of you. images (35).jpeg

Hi @Former-Member

Apologies for the slow reply and thank you for the beautiful picture. I love gardening and even enjoy digging the clover out of the lawn in the sun. Very relaxing.

We are about to complete third suicide survivors group and that is a major source of help that has assisted us to endure our loss. Their support and those of the other group members has helped us to feel somewhat normal in our situation as bad and as sad as it is.

Son has stayed the course with his job the continuity has done him well. He fluctuates in his condition, as we know full well, is the pattern of mental illness. Though it changes at this point he is relatively in the middle.

With what he has had to endure with the passing of his brother in such awful circumstances it is a miracle he’s still on his feet.

The new psych dr has been a more positive experience and normalises things for him.

He has been engaging with the psychologist too.

We will be going away with a couple of extra family members to distract us from the coming season.

Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts.

I wish you and your family, and all those who read this, the very best for Christmas and the coming year.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@WinterSun thanks for checking in,  think of you often and how you and yours are. Am really pleased son has been relatively stable and engaging with treatment, trust that this will continue through the holiday season.  

Hope your break away is pleasant, will check in again in the new year. 🌸

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance