Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Owlunar
Senior Contributor

Re: Son2

Geez @greenpea 

I know how tough it is when a son has MI - and you don't know what is going to happen next - and yes - you feel afraid

Just letting you know you are not alone - I did read this the other day - and I couldn't post and I just found your first post

Thinking of you - this is really hard stuff

But - please don't hurt yourself - 

Dec

greenpea
Senior Contributor

@outlander @Owlunar Hi outlander and Dec I have now put the situation to the back of my mind and am not dealing with it.  Just living hour by hour and hoping something will happen to relieve this situation. Son2 knows something is up and keeps asking 'Im not any trouble?' it breaks my heart to be honest. Love to you both for your caring. peaxx

Former-Member
Not applicable

That is truly heartbreaking @greenpea and Im so sorry you are going through all this. By all means, take a breather and let things settle for a while and sons new meds to take effect. Then, with a clear head again, reassess the situation, your own needs and safety, as well as sons. A very difficult decision to make at any time, but one best made when feeling calm and rational. Kindest thoughts are with you right now Pea. I know your decision on Sons ongoing care is based on love, dedication and concern for him. But your safety needs to be paramount in all this. Love to you sweet Pea.

Sherry 💕

Sophia1
Senior Contributor

@greenpea I also read of your ordeals and I can relate to the heartbreaking feelings that you have...Our children are always our children even when they are adults...having to take a step back is nigh impossible and hard for others to comprehend ..

I have to do the same....on the phone in my case...I am too frightened of my family member to visit now.

(need to refer to in this manner as is very clever and has been on the forum) ..

I am very frightened writing this..

I dont believe that my person would ever hurt me but  icy tone and stuff that comes out of  mouth is so frightening..so as soon as that happens I have to set the personal boundary and say that I will hang up...person's mind is not good..has deteriorated more..I was told that this would happen.. and I dont think person even hears most of what I say..totally unaware of own health situation believes it is everyone else who has severe mind issues..

we have no idea what could happen

My person similar situation to you different from a very young age..always slipped under the radar..

I hope that someone has already explained to you what to do if things become dangerous...

Rather than write it all out on here as is heartbreaking...how do you feel about ringing sane and asking them? or when you see pdoc again without S2 present..

I feel your pain so strongly as I too am in disbelief..my member too has such a gentle soul...

I know that you promised him that it would never come to this...That was back in a time where it was not an issue..

His health and behaviours now have to be addressed differently as they have changed..So you have not let him down or broken your promise.

Keep on telling him how much you love him and will never stop loving him...that is what I do even though person talks over me lost within the chaos of mind..

I hope that I have not made you  feel worse...I just wanted to share that you are not alone with this struggle...finding someone else with a very similar situation has been incredibly hard for me...my person does not take medication voluntarily only when has been necessary involuntarily..

take very good care of yourself 💜you are such a loving mum xx

ohhh hugs my @greenpea HeartHeart

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

@greenpea  i am sorry things are so difficult at the moment for you. it is very hard to manage the pros and cons of meds and all the side effects and is so frustrating that there is not many options for way to help with these things. I suppose if your son really doesnt want to go then it will make things hard but as someone else mentioned you may be able to slowly introduce him to the idea if it has to be done. hopefully the doctors can work out another alternative but you do need to remember to consider your own safety when making these decisions as hard as that may be when you are in the position of "mum". I suppose at the end of the day if your son isnt able to control himself and you are also not able then it means you both need some help and while it is very frustrating that there are not more options for the type of help you can't do nothing either......... whatever you end up deciding I hope it is your decision and that things are left up to you and not the others concerned, unless of course you want them to decide for you if that is easier. 

I hope you have had a good rest and that the next hour brings you some joy.

@greenpea 💚💚💚💚
greenpea
Senior Contributor

@Sophia1  you know.... and thank you Heartxxx

greenpea
Senior Contributor

@Former-Member  Sherry my dear friend thank you Heart

greenpea
Senior Contributor

@Eden1919 @outlander  thank for your continued care. Love peaxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance