Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

KMT
New Contributor

Overcoming Depression

Recently went to my Psychiatrist as my depression was much deeper than it normally is.  He was impressed how I was able to get out of it.  He said I could help others with my story and to share the story with you.

First of all, the bush fires last season and how our whole country was on fire which depressed me and all I could do was to donate money.  Then came Covid 19 which upset me as I could do nothing, but I was really depressed further as I am not a nurse, Police officer, doctor or anyone who publicly can help.  I was walking down to our shops one day and saw a toy on the soccer oval fence, and thought what a sweet calm thing, to make my fellow Australians get that feeling all over so they could handle Covid 19.  I started that fence after with notices for the adults to read and keep up with information on Covid 19 and toys for the children look at, and I approached our local MP for his approval on what I was doing in keeping the people and their children informed.

As there was a school and kindergarten near by the children would drag the adults to see the toys and the adults would read the notices. We currently have 190 toys and that’s after 80 were taken one night and 20 the next.  People began to help us get the fence to grow.

We have included photos of the fence. Noe its time to go and collect toys which helps keep my mind busy.  We now have toys which keeps mums, dads and children involved which helps take my mind off how bad our world is suffering and perhaps we can help others calm downSupport of MPSupport of MPHappinessHappiness

1 REPLY 1
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Overcoming Depression

Now that is straight cool ❤.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance