Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

Thanks @Zoe7 Heart

Do you have some time with your family this weekend @Snowie ?

They are coming in tomorrow @Zoe7 

We will go out for lunch. I dont like my children coming into the hospital, would rather go out.

Why is chat always busySmiley Sad

yeah I get that @Snowie Protect them from what you can 👍 I bet they will be glad to see you though and lunch out will be nice to do too.  It will also be nice to be out for a while yourself. I am more than happy to stay home this weekend - feels like I have hardly spent anytime with my fur babies these last couple of weeks. How is Izzy without you?

I wish I your nurse @Snowie. I wiukd be kind and gentle with you. I would probably get told off for talking toollong with you & be behind in my paperwork and reports. You deserve kindness, compassion and respect. Hugs sweetie 💕💕💕

Izzy is missing me @Zoe7 and I am missing my cuddles. I face timed her the other day. She was so confused!!

@Sans911I wish I had you as a nurse too. You would be so kind, compassionate and understanding.

Sometimes the nurses just don't understand why I am the way I am. Not that I would want them to go through what we have had to endure, not for a moment. But some little understanding would go a long way.

Hugs to you both Heart

@outlander Heart

It is so cute that you face timed with Izzy @Snowie I bet she misses you as much as you miss her Hon Heart🐶

Yesterday and today have not been good days. My SI has been high and I have SH both days. I spoke to the nurse before, admitted what I had done and then handed over what I used.

I told her I don't want to be a burden to her and that she has other patients to look after too. She tried to ease my mind and sat with me for about 20 minutes. That was really nice of her.

I have been colouring in for about an hour which has kept my hands busy but unfortunately has not helped my head. What I want to do I cannot do, so just have to sit with it for now. I know it will pass but hard to see beyond the pain when we are feeling like this. I know you will all understand this.

Much love and hugs to you all and anyone else reading this.

@Zoe7 @Sans911 @outlander @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member Sorry if I have missed tagging anyone.

That took real courage and strength to admit to soneone what you've done. And I know I keep saying this, but what you have done is nothing to be ashamed of. It's all you know right now to survive and deal with pain. I'm glad she gave you time.

If it helps I have sh in hospital too. Many times. I ended up being transferred one time to a main hospital ICU under lights and sirens (not that I remember). But I remember at the time I lost all ability to care. About me. About what anyone thought of me. About any outcome. I was numb and exhausted.

Sitting with you hun @Snowie. Gentle hugs if you need those

Thanks @Sans911 it took me two days but I got there in the end.

Just about to go get my meds fr the night.

How are you going?

I'm sorry you have been through so much pain. I wish I could just give you a big bear hug and take away your pain Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance