Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

florencefifty
Senior Contributor

I just ruined my weekend.

Slight exaggeration.

I finished work at five, and packed up and went home. When I got home, for some reason, I decided to log some overtime from yesterday. I COULD have done that on Monday.

I saw a message from my manager, which was sent ten minutes after I finished, giving me two ridiculous criticisms.

She said I forgot to leave notes on someone's profile. When I read her description of the call, I vividly remember leaving notes on that policy, word for word. 

Then she criticised me for saying "thank you, have a good day, I appreciate it" at the end of a call. 

What did you appreciate about this call? I was puzzled why you said that.

What the [...] kind of criticism is that? The annoying thing, I'm not working tomorrow, so I can't say anything until Monday.

Why didn't I just relax and log my overtime on Monday?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: I just ruined my weekend.

I'm sorry this happened to you at the end of the week @florencefifty ! 

I can see how you feel that your weekend is now 'ruined'. 

Would you consider doing something different so that your weekend does not get 'ruined'? While you are at home upset over what has happened, I don't think your manager cares the slightest! Would you let your manager take your weekend away from you?

Think on this.

Kindest, tyme

@florencefifty 

That sounds like micro management!

I have no idea why managers need to do that? Do something nice for yourself and enjoy your weekend.🙂

Hey @florencefifty ! Look up! Here for you if want to talk. Be king to yourself today.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance