Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

Hey @Jynx 

Im about to get ready for bed but you’ve opened a can of worms. Its ok!! I did get distracted driving home from work though! 

Is there anywhere I can go to talk about it? To try a lessen the uneasiness of it all? 

Talking on here feels a little open and I’m not sure I’m ready for that. 

@Captain24 haha woops! Now you'll have to count worms instead of sheep to help get you off to sleep 😝

Hmm... Well I'd say Q-Life would be a good starting place, they've been my go-to (I legit only juuuust missed out on volunteering for them a few years back! And one of my partners used to volly there too, and also shared very good things). They've got a helpline, a webchat, and resources and stuff on their website. You might also find some luck in making a post over on Reddit? The r/asexuality subreddit is legit soooo supportive. 

I'm always happy to chat about it too! But if you're not keen to do so in this space I totally understand. Take your time with it, be gentle with yourself, and may this path (whichever way it leads) bring you closer to your authentic self 😊

Thanks @Jynx

Maybe if I can work out and accept this side of me then maybe other stuff will fall into place. 

Are you on this weekend at all? 

@Captain24 could be a stepping stone for sure, so many little puzzle pieces to slot into place in recovery hey? We're complex little beings aren't we! 

Could also open up some more opportunities for creating social connections, if you were to find a cool local queer group or something! 

Nah it's my Saturday off! And uh... then I'm on leave until the 15th! I had too much leave building up and decided I needed to finally get stuck into de-cluttering so I'm gonna be ripping my whole house apart all next week, lol. 

Hey @Jynx.

A less distracting drive home tonight. In case I miss you. Happy declutterring and enjoy your time off. 

A whole week off @Jynx 😊

Hello @Captain24 😊

Aww yay you just caught me @Captain24 hehe

And I'll be around for PGC tomorrow still, if you're keen to join! 

Glad your drive went smoother darlin! Nighty night, may sleep find you swiftly and your puppies keep you warm! 💜

I’m trying to get off work early so I can join! @Jynx. Not sure if I’m allowed yet.

Yep yep @Shaz51 it's time to CLEANSE hahaha. 

Catch you tomorrow if you're about 😊

See 👀 you tomorrow @Jynx 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance