Arm yourself @Shaz51 !

Screenshot 2024-08-23 at 5.17.40 PM.png

We are all standing with you @Shaz51 !

Re: Best Friends Club

Awww love it @tyme 😊

@Oaktree wish you and daughter a lovely time

@tyme my friend’s owned three properties. 
Ranch at Bullsbrook with ranch house, a cottage and the A-frame.

The apartment - that sold

Demark house still being built.

They know it’s impossible to get a rental.

So offered me the A-frame while I wind up the financial settlement with the ex-narc.

😊

Awww @Glisten . Makes sense. 

Please look after yourself. Does that mean you need to squish everything into that A-frame house?

Hey everyone

@tyme @Oaktree @Glisten @Shaz51 @Meowmy @ENKELI 

I've been so run off my feet that this is the first time I've checked this thread in over a week! Still bringing work home, unfortunately.

@tyme My down time: when I get home from work I have a snack, then go for a walk, then help with and have dinner and watch TV. I've also been learning a language on Duolingo, so I spend up to 15 minutes each day on that, too.

On the weekends, I help with chores and grocery shopping, go for more walks, go out for meals and fit in a date with my partner as well. My piano playing has really dropped off because when I have energy, I need to do the work I have taken home. By the time that's done, I don't have the energy to play any more. So I've been listening to music instead.

I was also thinking of going to another dance event tonight, but it was during my usual dinner time, which is a bit of an awkward time. I decided I would rather sit down to a proper meal, than have snacks in between dancing.

Work has its rewarding moments, although at times it feels a bit like being on a treadmill that keeps turning! I have to keep running, not to fall off.

I also try to keep in contact with a few of my close friends, messaging or calling them every few weeks when I can.

@tyme what does your down time look like?

Hey @Spirit_Healer , great to hear from you! How interesting about your down time events.

To be honest, I don't really have much downtime. I'm one who keeps going and going until I HAVE to have downtime. 

When I have downtime, I turn off my alarms, sleep in a little, go for mindfulness walks, read, go to the beach... that's pretty much it.

Enjoy the dance event if you do end up going.

@Spirit_Healer you are such a busy person, but make sure you have some you time. We can only give of ourselves fully when we are mentally healthy (as you know!) and I would hate to hear you had fallen in a heap because everything got the better of you.

You are doing an amazing job, I can only aspire to be half as organised as you. Sorry to hear you're having to bring work home, I know the feeling of having to spend weekends doing work stuff. I hope you're being reimbursed in some way.

Take care, lovely to hear from you 🤗❤️

@Shaz51 a shame the ex family have to be there, but you and hubby must go and show them how fabulous you are, and how they are missing out on spending time with you because of their being huge losers.

I hope that you enjoy the time with your grandson x