Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: anyone around?

Hello @Powderfinger 

Thank you for tagging me @Zoe7 @TideisTurning 

I wasn't aware of this or the other thread I'm so sorry. I have been watching out and posted on the other one so apologise I didn't realise you had started new ones in my absence. Here for you gorgeous although I am at work I can pop in at times but please tag me in the other thread that you are looking for help with x

Hi @Powderfinger 

Just coming past to see how you are doing today.

Hope you day is going ok for you 

@TideisTurning @Zoe7 

I am in no position to address either of your posts today. I will say briefly that I do not tag people in my posts usually because I have no idea what is going on for other people. I figure people would see my posts. @Zoe7 

Since my last thread, I have only posted two threads. One about therapy and one asking if anyone was around. I choose to start different threads sometimes as they are not a follow on from an existing thread. It is a different subject altogether. 

That is as much as I can say. I really in this moment feel absolutely no desire to keep hanging on. I really dont want to be here anymore. 

@Snowie 

Hi, not good. Thanks for dropping in. 

@Anastasia 

If I start any new threads, they are usually in the something's not right section. I have explained in my responses why I do not tag people. 

Thanks for popping in. You take care of yourself. 

I'm only just finished at the office and then food shopping then home. Later on if my boy allows it I will look for your thread x

@Powderfinger 

Hugs xox

Please reach out for support @Powderfinger I am worried about your responses here - especially 'I do not want to be here anymore'.

@Powderfinger around if you need to chat, or just sit

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Powderfinger,

It sounds like things are getting really difficult for you. Thinking of you and we are here for you. 

I have sent you an email to check in.

Regards,

tropicalsun

Hi @Powderfinger 

I am sorry you are experiencing a truly difficult time. 

I can understand being frustrated at trying to communicate and reaching out and feeling like there is no one. 

I've had to push hard to find support, trying different places at different times and it can feel pretty crappy and hopeless when it goes unanswered. I understand what it feels like to feel unsupported, unheard, ignored. 

I too tried helplines, they sent me to websites or recommended I go to hospital. Even though I "know" what they say is trying to be helpful, it still feels useless/hopeless. 

I find it difficult when in crisis to know what I need, what others can do to help and it all feels too much. 

I found this service, I'm not sure if its something you have already tried. https://www.lifeline.org.au/crisis-text/

Its a texting service, I find its easier to text sometimes. 

I also understand not wanting to tag others, I often feel like I can be annoying or don't want to impose on another during difficult times. I've joined and unjoined support groups on fb, I also downloaded the mighty app (not sure if you have heard of it, its a world wide mental health and other health conditions support platform, similar to this forum or fb but also anonymous and it also has direct chat to speak with other members) I wonder if this might be helpful for those moments when you're trying to connect and communicate with others. 

I do understand not wanting to keep going, its hard to battle our own minds day in, day out, taking our day minutes at a time. 

I can't guarantee you I will see your thread/post straight away but please tag me and I will do my best to come here to let you know I'm here and listening. 

I will have some extra free time next week, so I do hope, if you feel you want or need to reach out, please tag me. 

I can only offer support in the sense of im here and listening and to some point understand. I'm not entirely sure of what's been happening for you, but I understand feeling lonely, hurt, rejected, abandoned. 

I know its hard to hold on, to find that light, you are not alone in those feelings, I hope you keep reaching out and find the support and care you need and deserve. We all deserve to be heard, supported and cared for. 

Please take care and you are in my thoughts. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance