Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

amber22
Peer Support Worker

Peer Group Chat// Creature Comforts // Thursday 14th December 2023, 7-8:30PM AEDT

On Thursday 14th December 2023, we will be holding a Peer Group Chat on the topic of Creature Comforts.

amber22_4-1701990243550.gif

Finding things that feel familiar and that comfort us that make feel good can help us a lot when we may be feeling overwhelmed, stressed, or exhausted. Let’s come together to talk about the things that might help comfort us, and how we could engage in them more.

The event start times across Australia are below:

amber22_1-1701990167459.png

This is currently held in daylight savings hours:

WA: 4pm 
NT: 5:30pm

SA: 6:30pm 

QLD: 6pm

NSW, ACT, VIC & TAS: 7pm 

For anyone unfamiliar with Peer Group Chats, each focuses on a specific topic and is guided by Peer Workers with lived experience of mental health issues and recovery, &/or caring for someone with complex mental health. A counsellor is also present as a moderator to help ensure a safe environment for individuals and the group. It is a space for us as peers to share our stories and experiences, and connect with those who are going through something similar. 

Anyone is welcome to join! Tagging some members who may be interested below: @Snowie @scruffypuffball @7cough9 @Glisten @Blackbird11 @Shaz51 @Fiefke @Patches59 @Appleblossom @Meggle @Jacques @deshift @Captain24 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Peer Group Chat// Creature Comforts // Thursday 14th December 2023, 7-8:30PM AEDT

Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder that the next Online Peer Group Chat on Creature Comforts will take place tonight from 7-8:30pm AEDT.  As always, for ease of reference, times across Australia are in the graphic and listed below: 

TideisTurning_0-1702520929763.png

WA: 4pm 
NT: 5:30pm

SA: 6:30pm 

QLD: 6pm

NSW, ACT, VIC & TAS: 7pm  

Tonight, you can expect discussion about

• What brings us a sense of familiarity or comfort during hard times 
  • How these familiar or comforting things might help our mental health 
  • Challenges and barriers to engaging with comforting and familiar things and how to overcome these 

Tagging members who have supported or otherwise interacted with the thread so far as well as those who may be interested to receive a reminder @Captain24 @Snowie @Glisten @Blackbird11 @Patches59 @Patchworks @chibam @MissMuffet @Healandlove @Shaz51 @Oaktree @Weavnwyrd @starpanda @Just @batty30 @Stara 

Re: Peer Group Chat// Creature Comforts // Thursday 14th December 2023, 7-8:30PM AEDT

@amber22  🤣 That gif picture PAHAHA the best

Just a reminder that our Peer Group Chat on Creature Comforts will start in just 20 minutes at 7pm AEDT here! Everyone is welcome! See you then 

TideisTurning_0-1702534447854.png

Tagging members who have supported or otherwise interacted with the thread so far as well as those who may be interested to receive a reminder: @Glisten @Captain24 @Snowie @Blackbird11 @Anne2021 @Bow @Harmonee @Birdofparadise8 @Londongal @Oaktree @NotTheRealAlice @SmilingGecko @chibam @creative_writer @outlander @Shaz51 @bartart23 @Bill16 @Boethius @Dimity @tyme @SkyPanda @sob 

Won't be there tonight @TideisTurning but will red through some other time.

Early night needed here 😴😴

Sorry I'm having technical difficulties in logging in for the chat. I'll read it later. Thanks for the tag @TideisTurning 

Awwww... what a shame @Patchworks - we would have loved to have you!

Hi Everyone, 

Something I think might've come up during the live chat is the challenges to engaging with our creature comforts (/familiar favourites) imposed by limited time.  Based on this, I wondered if we could come together and brainstorm ideas for small things we could do depending on the amount of time that we have available to us. Something similar to this; 

TideisTurning_1-1703038656595.png

What comforts would you engage with if you've got 15 minutes? 30 minutes? an hour? A few more ideas for activities engaging or soothing the senses (in the context of building a self soothing kit) are here. I'm really excited to read about everyone's ideas and go-to comforts!

@Patchworks @Snowie @Glisten @Healandlove @Captain24 @Blackbird11 @creative_writer @bartart23 @Fluttershy1 @Stara @Patches59 @batty30 

I used to meditate for 20 mins though these days I do it for even less time sometimes if I'm short on time.

@Patchworks, that's awesome you've been able to adapt activities to suit the amount of time you have available to you 😊 Meditation can be a really great soothing tool to help promote a sense of calm and comfort.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance