Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

@Adge  this about sums it up lol

Screenshot_20190721-200731.jpg

Back to uni tomorrow and feeling not at all prepared emotionally or mentally.

Increased work load to last semester so extra prep. 

Work load is where I started at last semester and had to reduce it. I dont have the 3 hour per week additional travel this time though so hoping that makes the difference. 

Fig Jam, lovely @Former-Member That's one of my favourites (I haven't had it in years).

I never thought of having it with cheesecake before.

Adge

Wow @Determined That sheep doesn't look fine at all, it seems rather precarious.

That's how I feel a lot of the time (but I don't tell anyone).

You did well posting that picture - the site won't let me attach any photos (malfunction).

Adge

@Adge, @Former-Member, I made fig and feijoa jam a couple of years ago. That was a really nice combination. There might still be a jar or two in the cupboard.

Yum @Smc That sounds really nice.

I've never come across Feijoas before (don't even know what they look like).

Several Newzealanders told me that they love Feijoas, apparently they're very popular in NZ.

Adge

@Adge, feijoas are a cool climate guava, with a tangy flavour that some people compare to pineapple, but having grown up eating feijoas off Mum and Dad's very productive plants, I can't think of the flavour as anything but feijoa... maybe with a tiny hint of sweet ginger. 😄

They vary in size depending on the variety and growing conditions. They can be as big as a kiwifruit (but more elongated) or as small as my little finger. My current source is our across-the-road neighbours who have a hedge of them, but this year being dry, they're finger sized. They've got a similar slightly seedy-grainy texture to figs, and their tang balances out the sweetness of figs very nicely.

I've got a seedling plant from Mum and Dad's place growing in my yard, but it's only started cropping last year, and this year, they're tiny. Maybe next year I'll find out what it can do.

index.jpg

Well the feijoas look nice @Smc Certainly more interesting, from your description & experience.

Maybe I should investigate them.

Tangy sounds like my cup of tea.

Adge

@Adge, they're expensive in supermarkets, and very much a seasonal fruit. You may have to wait until next year. It's cropping time where I live, but in warmer areas they've already been and gone. If between now and next year you find someone with a plant, I suspect fresh off the bush will be better than supermarket. (Don't know for sure- I've never needed to buy them. 🙂 )

All this jammy talk is making me hungry. Anyone else for scones, jam and cream? 🙂

scones-with-raspberry-pomegranate-jam-and-cream.jpgjams.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance