Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

As I reach my awesome age of 56 years young 🌱 💜 iv realised in coming back to Sane forums iv discovered that 

It's helping me do my life better. 

I chat, nag, blunder, cry, wipe my nose on my sleeve 

To living to doing parts of my life better. 

@Former-Member 

After all that in 3rd sentence, iv reread a novel by Sebastian Faulks I truly didn't think I could do for the last 10 years, 

Iv ( embarrassingly ) re written a few pages of notes I think are correct from infants from Daniel Stern. 'll tell you all once had checked by my therapist. 

Thanks esp. to @Adge @Glisten @Former-Member 

Iv set up dates + doing the dinners with my mother once a week with support from you all esp. @tyme and @Jynx 

Why do I do this ? 

Because I can. Iv always wanted a mother I can talk to. 

Ok. I do have less than a 1/3:of a gummie or chocolate before I go but I'm doing it. 

Re (?) met @greenpea @Meowmy @outlander @Appleblossom @ENKELI @saturnzoon @Jacques @Oaktree @TAB @StuF 

Many many more. 

Iv lost 14 This year thanks to operation weightloss on the public system. 

Learning to be openhearted. Sending much love to my youngest brother who is stigmatized by my other two brothers. 

Can't remember everything else 

Can you write what you've achieved @MDT 

My biggest achievement is reading that novel actually. 

Letting go of my ex-husband thanks to many many people including @Glisten @TAB @Bill16 ( are you really 16 years old @Bill16 ??) @Former-Member @Doldip15 

And more - @Ainjoule  @PizzaMondo  @Shaz51@Shaz51 @@Oaktree @@Sophia1 @ @ENKELI @Lite @@SmilingGecko @@Faith-and-Hope @@NatureLover @ @Emilia8@ @oceangirl @ @StanD 

Night @TAB 

I was very nice Tova lady who lives here this morning.

I then ate a very small amount of chocolate and continued trying to find that damn song with Steve Kilbey speaking one of his songs not singing it to send to @Glisten 

But gave Up. 

I'm going to start reading that thesaurus tomorrow 

@PeppyPatti is that a birthday I missed?

Belated best wishes and may the rest of your year be full of happiness and hope. 

💐💕🎂🎁

Good to hear that you have been doing so much reading, @SmilingGecko, and that it has been the right price. Free! I am not a reader, unfortunately, unless it's a study book or a magazine on a selected subject such as gardening etc.  

My sporting activity is keeping me busy 4 days a week now and that is all I need to keep fit. And I can give my poor feet a break now that I have my car and don't have to walk everywhere—not even to the bus stop. I'm still nervous driving, but confidence will come over time when I learn the lay of the land again. It's been a long time since I was out and about on the roads.

I expect you will be in the kitchen over the weekend. I'm trying a new recipe of Garlic Pork Rashers tonight. Here's hoping it goes well.

Nice to have a long weekend even though it makes little difference to us. Have a good one. 

So pleased that we know that @Tonys is letting us know that he is alright, @Gemma13.  Please send him best wishes for a thorough recovery from Historylover. I hope he's back on his feet soon.

@Historylover  what is your chosen sport?

Was tabs no sweat @TAB

Yeah just my thought loops I guess

Work bs @TAB

Hello @PeppyPatti 

that is awesome to read and you’re achieving so much, I hope you feel rewarded in your innermost self with kindness for you! 
did I tell you about the grief counsellor I met when I was a single mother of 4! My first husband had left and I was attending family therapy trying to keep these little rebels at home and behaving as children should, when one of these therapists suggested I see a grief counsellor about my childhood! In for a Penny so to speak! I saw this very old nun who helped facilitate me addressing a very large phone book as they existed then, with a piece of garden hose and beating it to shreds as I yelled, cried, spluttered sobbed at all the wrong cruel , unacceptable things my mother had perpetrated! As I ran out of steam, she placed another telephone book under my hands saying this is your father who was soon scrap paper spread around the room also and until then I had no idea how much anger I held toward him! Having shredded both of them, she then handed me a waste paper basket and I picked up the shredded phone books bit by bit, forgiving them one by one for the things I’d screamed at them in anger and distress! It was the most amazingly freeing thing I’ve ever done in regards to human relationships! I left there walking on air! Floating! Free of an emotional burden I’d carried on my own for years! I’d loved the freedom of letting it out to that emotional extreme! So freeing! I honestly never had a problem with my mother again! I could deal with whatever she threw at me! I’d beaten her to shreds of paper! I was in control! To the day she died that forgiveness stood me in good stead! I could see her in a different light as the harmed person she was who couldn’t have done any better because of her upbringing and life experience! It made it possible to cope with family and become good friends with my older sister with whom I remain good friends to this day! It didn’t matter how Mum tried to harm our relationship, we could talk it out away from her and remain friends! I don’t know where you can find this kind of freedom but if there is a way, do it! It’s so freeing and so nice to be at peace in yourself with someone who has left you not at peace for so long! 
somethings remain to haunt you unexpectedly! Like sitting in the hospital waiting room and they’re playing music that’s supposed to suit my generation and on comes “Let the Sun Shine in, Face it with a Grin”! Everyone seems to love that stupid song! I start to cry! Mum used to beat me stupid, drag me to the bathroom singing that song and lick me in for hours! Let the Sun Shine in indeed! It can take away me ability to think straight in a couple of bars! 
But luckily I don’t indulge usually in music of that era! 
I’ll stick to the therapy of beating phone books! Pity they’re so thin now if they exist at all!!

I hope you find a grief counsellor who can work such magic somehow because I’ll always remember floating down the street in freedom of the emotional burden of years of trying to deal with impossible relationships that are not our choice, that we want to be meaningful and special but have at their inception seemingly, gone wrong! I wish you peace and harmony and and loss of pain in your relationship too! 
love to all! And I’d better get up and BE myself! I remain exhausted after 3 weeks in hospital! But a little dog expects to be fed and loved a little and it’s late! Maybe I’ll reinvent myself as a sloth! 
🦥 

@Doldip15 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance