Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Best Friends Club

@Oaktree @Glisten @Patches59 @Shaz51 @sosad-666 @ChouxieChou 

That's a hard one...

What am I most proud of?

I don't ever think I do enough. I am being kind to myself though and have been mentally hugging the little 6 year old me that I can see in my mind. I guess I am proud of hanging in there and getting help for myself.

@ChouxieChou , I hear a lot of pain and regret in your words. I also wish I could go back in time and change a lot of things. You did the best job as a parent that you knew how to do at the time. I hope you find peace and help in the resources that tyme shared with you. We are here to support you!

@sosad-666 , like Glisten said, don't be unkind to yourself. I tell this to my kids when they go into shame spirals. We are here for you. 

• @@Glisten yes I’m up late, a habit I actually do need to change..today watched the football ,went for a walk and watched some olympics …record store buys were a interesting covered  Alice cooper billion dollar babies album on vinyl,second hand of course it comes with a billion dollar bill as part of the records contents.

@Johnny007 Alice Cooper billion dollar babies was the first album I owned.

~ Wayne’s World moment ~
What team or teams do you support?

Besides Australia.

G

Oooft

That's a good one @Oaktree

You know what

I think I'm proudest of the times I listened to myself and ignored everyone else. While I heeded the advice of those around me, I ultimately listened to myself.

This is quite deep. Idk how else to express it c

@MDT Oh that is such a good one.

Listening to yourself, because you know yourself better than anyone.

One of my biggest regrets is not listening to my inner voice and not putting myself first.

Having said that. My poor decision making has also afforded me some amazing experiences.

Maybe I’ll peak late in life? 🤷🏼‍♀️

G

I love this question @Oaktree and I've had to take some time to reflect on it! 

I think the thing I'm most proud of is actually inspired by your post @MDT - because when I thought about it, learning to listen to myself has been a fundamental part of my recovery. For example, when I was stuck in the depths of my self-loathing, and so shackled by my people-pleasing that at one point, I was going to move in with the person I had a crush on (who did not return the feelings) to be there with her as she dealt with an unplanned pregnancy. Like... I was so unaware of my own needs and desires I was gonna co-parent a child with someone who didn't love me back?! 

Learning to listen to myself, to recognise my needs and figure out the lines and limits of my boundaries, has been absolutely fundamental. So, I am incredibly proud of myself for all the work I've put in to be able to listen to my needs, which has helped in healing those broken parts of me!

Thanks for this amazing opportunity to reflect 💜

Hugs my @Jynx 🥰

Thank you for sharing part of your story ❤️ 

I think 🤔 one of my proudest moment was when I became a pre school teacher aid and a private child care provider against all the negativity of most people except for my very supportive mum ❤️ 

@Oaktree , @Meowmy , @Jynx , @Glisten , @MDT , @Healandlove , @Patches59 , @Ru-bee , @Dimity , @StuF 

Heck yes @Shaz51 that is a superb accomplishment!! Becoming a teacher is an accomplishment in itself, but to also shed the shackles of other people's doubt along the way is a great feat indeed 😍😁

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance