Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: 🎨 .... ART. CLASS ..., 🖼

image.jpeg

beautiful

@Faith-and-Hope thank you for adding me here. Yes I love art. Am not an artist, but I do appreciate it.

I love your work here @smc. I understand why some see moss. But I can really relate to the drying creekbeds and the thin line of trees running alongside.

Hi @utopia .... 🤗💕

I'm glad you like it.  It looked like something right up your alley ....

@Zoe7 has an art thread up and going today too, on the LE forum .... Through One's Eyes .... where beautiful things are happening too.

Thanks @Faith-and-Hope. I'll have a look at zoe's thread as well. Two different Art threads. Wow.

@Faith-and-Hope  Now there, your history of art, I think that much is about the level of my drawing ability. I know there was more to it than that, but when I looked at it that's what came into my mind.  Is ok.. maybe I could draw that... maybe.  Stick figure txt emoji's   I need some 😛

@Smc  @utopia  Yes I see the treeline now. too.   How I had viewed it was because the plate was curved I saw that as the river itself - ie the movement of the water, but of course it could be the wider view and that is the land undulating, so I was on the wrong track. 

Nonethless my interpretation made sense to me at the time but am glad you illustrated your intent  @Smc. The graphical transposition is vivid. 

That is the beauty of art, and as we were discussing about movies on the hot chocolate thread, perspective and emotion comes into play when we interpret all realms of creativity, Including words.  Some read them and see an intent that wasn't there, simply because of an unconscious perspective or bias.  If that makes sense.

Anyhow.. all so interesting and please keep posting anything you deem fit to post that will still hold your anonymity.    🐣

@Faith-and-Hope. very interested to know which image from your history of art - the art that I saw last week would come under. I have a feeling it may be Dali.

But I have to say, my head looks alot like Pollock tonight.

Lol @utopia .... 😂 .... yeah .... guess we all have those sorta days ....

And yes, Salvador Dali is the "melting clocks" .... the coffee froth on the first page is a nod to him as well.

@Former-Member ..... nuthin' wrong with stick-figure drawings, my friend ....

image.jpeg

Have a go ❣

hahahaha @Faith-and-Hope .   Now see there, sorry, no way!  Far too ambitious for me to put  movement in.   Not a chance!  😄

@Former-Member, I have heard anecdotes about artists being quite taken aback by a critic's re-interpertation of their work. And then there's also the joke about the author who got the idea for his second book from the movie based on his first. Smiley Very Happy

Of course the funny thing here is that a lot of artistic inspiration is almost subconscious, and there's always the chance that someone else might pick up a nuance that the artist themself wasn't quite aware of.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance