Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Re: Walking for Wellness and Healthy Habits

@Dimity 

I hope it gets easier for me too. I struggled to do my time on the treadmill. I should get fitter if I do it regularly.

Good on you for walking and exercising, you are doing well

Good work @Oaktree 😀👍

I’ve been on two walks this weekend and also eating much healthier and less. Podcasts and headphones are my best friends when walking 😀

Sounds great @P0larBear 

By next weekend my daughter will be here and she has said that she will go walking with me. Good on you for walking and making changes to your diet. I am planning to really start dieting on Wednesday. My lite n easy order gets here on Tuesday. 

I'll need to rethink my diet too @P0larBear @Oaktree .

Today was day 2 of my renewed exercise focus. I walked and did prescribed exercises. Probably did some damage lifting heavy boxes later.

The plan is to see what I can achieve in 2 months. 

@Dimity 

Good plan. Just do a little with your boxes each day. Set small goals. Slowly but surely you will reach your target. Procrastination is a real thing. Good job on your walking.

@Dimity @P0larBear @TAB @Shaz51 @SmilingGecko 

Another good start to my day today. Went to the gym and did a short standing weight routine with light weights and then followed that up with some time on the treadmill. Sure beats walking in the rain. Weather has been a bit dodgy here lately 

Glad the gym has some advantages @Oaktree . I'm persevering too. I think the first few days are bound to be hard until the routine sticks. 

Yes @Dimity 

I think the first month definitely needs a degree of determination 

@Dimity 

Well done on persevering with your new routine. I am sure it will get easier but at least we have this thread as support and motivation until and even after then

Thanks @Oaktree , very true. And appreciated. This thread was a real help when I first committed to walking a couple of years ago.

You're doing well too. 

It's good we're both starting again at the same time, we can cheer each other on.