Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Re: Walking for Wellness

@TAB @Adge @Dimity @SmilingGecko @Glisten 

Hey guys,

I use Map my Walk which is a free app. You just have to remember to start it and stop it when you go out walking 

okay fair enough @Oaktree  will have a look. just watered front lawn and bushes as needed it and not done in weeks plus 4 days in a row over 37 coming up . 30mins standing up and bit knackered ha ha ,ok was a bit before started from doing nothing lol

would not surprise me if have blood clots in lungs again, the way I feel. they seem dead set against checking for things here as opposed to in WA

@TAB @Oaktree @Adge @SmilingGecko @Glisten I just used Google Maps to check my usual route and was pleasantly surprised,  it's twice the distance I expected. I won't try to say the time or distance as I've been reprimanded before but I'm happy. I'm meeting exercise guidelines... but realise I should do more. 

very good @Dimity  I need to get back to what was my bare minimum lol

checked BP before was normal while in hosp etc , just pulse high, now BP low and pulse normal lol

I don't often check mine @TAB but BP is up and down, can be very high. Heart rate usually high-ish, I had to be sedated for CT angiogram. Anxiety and stress don't help. 

Do you meditate?

hm no, never really meditated @Dimity  prob something to look at .

Well hopefully the hot weather is now dissipating. Was able to get out for a lovely afternoon walk. Its been a while being unable to get outdoors because of the heat. Hoping to get back into it. I did not tire afterwards. No recovery time needed. My overall vitality has improved. Lets hope the Melbourne weather stays moderate. Could do with a more brisk walk but my pace was ok for today.  How are you going with your walking/exercise habits lately?

@Dimity @Oaktree @Adge @Glisten 

@SmilingGecko @Oaktree @TAB I hope you're stepping out when you can.

I haven't been walking as much because of what's settled into a pattern of chronic pain. 

yeah, have really gone backwards with walking @Dimity . I pumped my bike tyres back up again the other day. Need movement. 

Bike or swimming could be good @TAB . I can't do either, never learnt. 

I'm trying to walk but often doing only half the distance.