Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: not feeling good

@BlueBay  Hey BlueBay havent spoken for ages and so sorry to hear that you are so unwell. I think it is time for a new doctor. One that takes your symptoms seriously and asap at that too. Take care love peaxxx

Definitely @BlueBay a better dr sounds like a move in the right direction. It does sound like you are not being taken seriously, and that’s not ok. A bruised eye needs someone to check it out, as does high be. Look around ASAP.

@BlueBay Sorry your not doing to well and your doctor seems uncaring,  I know how you feel doctor wise my doctor does nothing, he never Checks my blood pressure or my chest, and never gives me any help with Mental health issues, he just gives me my medications and ignores everything else, I'm trying to find another doctor but not easy.

With your bruised eye and headache, I suffer a lot with headaches and migraines and have never had a bruise before, so it might be good to see someone else just to be safe. I  hope you feel a bit better soon or maybe call a doctor out and see what he says, I've done that before.

@BlueBay  try googling your symptoms and see what comes up. Doctors probably deal with alot of issues which are not severe which they have to put to the side. I'm sorry this has happened to you. 

Hi @BlueBay  thinking of you and sending wishes that you will feel better today and also supporting the others who have suggested you look for another Dr for 2nd opinions.  You definitely deserve to be heard and some effort at diagnosing what's happening for you.  I hate Dr's who fob people's symptoms off.  Myself and my adult child have had a lot of this in our lives and it's taken many years for each of us to get accurate diagnoses and thus appropriate treatment and management.  Best of luck searching.  Take care.

Thanks to everyone @eth @eudemonism @saturnzoon @Maggie @greenpea @Owlunar  @Zoe7  

@Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51  @Razzle  @Gazza75  @MDT  and others following 

I’ve spoken to my doctor this morning and told him what I thought. He apologised and said he always takes me seriously. He reassured me that he is here to support me. 

Ive decided to take tomorrow off wirk. Don’t really care what hubby thinks. I’ve git an appt eith my dietitian tomorrow afternoon. 

Off to wirk this mirning. My bruised eye lid is better. Almost gone. I’m also going to check my blood pressure at wirk. If it’s still high I will contact my doctor. 

Even though I’m on meds for BP it still needs to be monitored. 

Anyway better go to wirk 

have a nice day everyday xxxxxx

Have a good day @BlueBay . I hope your BP is alright.  Take care 🙂 Heart

I hope your doctor picks up his game and you feel more valued and taken care of.

Keep strong @BlueBay
🙂
You are stronger than you give yourself credit for 🙂

I am so sick of waking up and going through my emails to see messages about my bills that need paying as I'm behind in everything, I can't stop worrying about it all days no matter how hard I try, I contact the people to get extension and they only give me an extra 2 weeks which is just not enough time. I don't answer my phone calls anymore if there private numbers as I'm scared it's the company's wanting the money, I don't read my emails if there from my bills, I m not sleeping properly anymore and I'm so scared during the day now, that I've been threatened with disconnection, I just want to stay in bed and hide away from life. I can't get in to see my psychiatrist till 30th October as he's on long service leave and on a waiting list to see a psychologist. I take extra meds to try and block it out but not really working, I just don't want to wake up anymore. 

@BlueBay I'm so glad your eye is better and your doctor does care about you.

@MDT @Gazza75 @eth @eudemonism @TAB @Adge @Former-Member @outlander @frog 

@Owlunar @Appleblossom @greenpea @Shaz51 @Meowmy @Ant7 @Smc @Angels333 

@saturnzoon, so sorry everything is diffucult right now for you.  It's a horrible situation to find yourself in.  I'm glad you have your son to keep you going.  I'm not sure if you can apply or get a loan from centrelink, but, maybe its something to consider.  You will have to pay it back each fortnight so it's not like you are getting it for nothing.  It might help you catch up on those bills and let you sleep a bit easier at night.  Just a thought. 

The only other thing I can suggest is to maybe try and make partial payments on all the bills, at least it should stop them disconnecting you and so on.  Are your sons able to assist you financially? 

Take care Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance