Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: not feeling good

and soo sad that they could not make their great granddaughter 2nd birthday @BlueBay 

but you know your family will be there to celebrate A`s birthday -- which is soo good xx

@Shaz51  Whst did I expect ???

im so stupid to even think k they would come. It just hurts 😢

of course it hurts my sister @BlueBay Heart

they can`t turn around and say you never invited them xxxx

now is the time to refocus on your grand daughter A and your family my sister

have a wonderful party with your daughter , sons and A xoxo

@BlueBay  I agree with @Shaz51  have a good time with your family, and they can never say you didn’t invite them. I know it’s hard, very hard, but don’t let them rob you of your joy. 💜💕💜😍😍😍

I get it @BlueBay  - your mother prefers your brother to you and it eats you up - I understand that completely - my mother had her preferences too and I wasn't it

Are we sure we don't have the same mother? Strange that our mothers are so similar - but unkind too - drat

I kept away from my family for the sake of my mental health for years at a time - it was better for me that way - yes - I was unhappy but it was better than being angry and I survived it

Did you watch Insight last night? It was about estranged families. It will be on SBS over the weekend I am sure and it is worth watching - we are not alone

Your mother is playing favourites and it is unfair and really does damage to your self-esteem - and your brother - he seems to be the golden boy but you know better - 

I'm sorry BlueBay - I have been through so much of that crappy behaviour - and I know - it really hurts

Dec

@Owlunar Thankyou for your support. I know you get it.  I know that. 

I was so angry last night. I was so livid eith the fact that she can never just say “oh yes we’ll come over, thsts nice” 

but no she always says ”oh I don’t know I have to get back to you”. WTF do they do all day and weekends - nothing. 

Why cant she tell my brother to come the next day (Sunday). No he gets first preference all the time. 

Gosh can you tell I’m still angry 😡

well do you know what - I’m still going to have a good time. My own family will be there and that’s important. 

If they don’t want to see their great granddaughter and celebrate we’ll its their loss. 

Snd im not going to visit them as often anymore. I’ve got my own stuff to deal with plus I work. 

Better stop ranting. 

It just hurts - it really does. 😢

@Owlunar @Maggie @Shaz51 @Flying_Hams @Zoe7 @Gazza75  and others following 

I feel angry at my doctor. I feel he puts everything down to my mentsl health. And then I feel he also dismisses me very quickly. 

I had a terrible headache yesterday with a blood pressure of 185/120. Very high. This morning I woke up with a bruised eye where the headache was.  I called my doctor who says “I don’t think it’s rekated to your blood pressure you must have knocked your eye during the night”!!! Also my headache has come back again. He also says “your blood pressure will be ok”. I’m feeling like he’s brushing me off. 

Has anyone had a sore bruised eye with a headache before? 

I feel that because of my mental illness he fobs it off as nothing. Like my throbbing and burning foot - he says he doesn’t know why I’m getting psin. Didn’t even look at my foot. 

So annoying 

Could you change GP
@BlueBay
Second opinions are good

Go to emergency if 185 maybe hes not a real doctor @BlueBay
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance