Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

@Former-Member  That is how I prefer my seasons also. I could do without summer altogether. Many would disagree of course.

I love my crockpot also. It makes cooking so easy. Throw everything in and walk away. Then, it’s nice a warm when you need it. Soups are my favourite meal, though salads I also enjoy, depending on the salad.

Stale bread with peanut butter or vegemite......yuck. But I guess if you are hungry enough. They had warm milk when we went to school. 🤮🤮🤮

I think I heard mozzies are particularly bad this year. I have a few each day, not the same one I can assure you. My swat is proof. 👍👍

Have you seen frozen 2 @Former-Member . ?? I’m sure your 2 granddaughters will fill you in if you haven’t. I loved it.

Ok, I’m off to find some motivation.......soon......very soon.

Former-Member
Not applicable

I've seen Frozen (original) @Maggie .  In fact watched it with one of my granddaughters a couple of years ago.

I would like to see Frozen 2 as well, but havent done so yet.  I really like Disney movies and kids movies in general.

The stale bread wasnt so good .. but it was all we had.  Mum used to do a long trek into town, about an hours drive, once a fortnight to do grocery shopping.  There was a mail service to our roadside mailbox once a week, and we could get fresh bread delivered those days.  Boy did we used to love that day ... fresh bread .. yummy.  Thankfully being on a somewhat remote farm we had plenty of fresh veges and fruit when in season.  And also occasional fish we used to catch in the river nearby.  And chickens for eggs, and meat too.  And a milking cow for fresh milk and cream as well as butter which we made ourselves.  So we were pretty self sufficient really.  Lack of fresh bread was a minor thing.  We really had it pretty good.  Happy days.

Warm milk?  Yuk ... mine has to be very chilled.  Unless it straight out of the cows teat when you are milking her.

I am going to venture out this morning ... its my volunteer day at the nursing home.  Plus I need some scripts for hubby and will get some fish for our dinner tonight.  A bit better than hotdogs tonight.  I dont like hotdogs, but hubby enjoyed them.  I went without last night.

I see you there @Faith-and-Hope  ... hope today is going well for you.  Sending love your way too.

Sherry 💞

@CheerBear  I’ve been looking at pic. I thought you might enjoy this.

19830F75-BF58-4ACD-88C9-A516FB87E02E.jpeg

Haha I LOVE that one @Maggie 😆😁

Coffee is served @CheerBear . Nice and early. I hope you had a better night last night. I hope your cold is easing and you got /are getting, plenty of rest.

Did the crew enjoy your veg soup? 

Any plans today? ❣️❣️

Pot of tea is brewing @Former-Member, it should be nice and strong when you feel like a cup.

I hope your fish meal last night was enjoyable. Any plans today?

@TheVorticon @outlander @Faith-and-Hope  👋👋👋💜💜💜

Coffee is awesome thanks @Maggie

The soup was enjoyed by all (except one but they dont like anything) thanks. We all sat together exactly as I hoped, in one with soup watching Frozen and singing loudly. It was so nice 😊

Not sure about today yet. Mr Person is here so we'll spend the day together. I'm still feeling pretty yuck annoyingly.

How are you this morning? How's today looking for you?

@CheerBear  I smiled reading how you all shared soup and frozen together, singing loudly.

Have you ever seen the sound of music? One seen is with Julie Andrews and 7 kids on the bed singing raindrops on roses. That was where my mind went reading your post. 😆😆 I love that movie. It’s so old now, but still sees the screen from time to time.

Sorry you are still feeling yuck. It’s a tough bug to knock, by the sound of things. Some rest with Mr person today??

Todays isn’t feeling too good atm. Swinging between black and dark grey. Hopefully the grey wins. 🤞🤞🤞

I have seen the sound of music but I don't remember that part, though I can imagine it @Maggie. Big, who is a mega book and movie fan (full of movie trivia), loves the sound of music and has from a teeny age ❤ It's rare for all of us to do something together without there being arguments or some drama of some kind but last night it went without a hiccup. It felt so good 😊

Maybe some rest with Mr today, though I feel like that's all I've done lately :face_with_rolling_eyes: Soccer tonight and plans to meet his parent/s tomorrow.

Sorry the black is creeping back in 😏 I imagine it might be tricky to feel it after what's been an OK couple of days (by the sound of it). Was it anything in particular that made it turn a bit easier this morning?

How are you feeling about meeting his parents @CheerBear  ? It’s a big step. Things sound really positive there. You deserve this happiness, and so much more. 💙💙

Did you take any pic of last night @CheerBear. .??? I know mental filming is good, but sometimes it fades. It sounds so nice and warm inside. The crew will never forget it, for sure.

Soccer tonight. Is it still popular with those playing? Any sparkly boots yet? Have you heard the VERY OLD SONG , These boots were made for walkin.? An attitude song.

I’ll flow with the black today. 🖤🖤 Sometimes you can push, sometimes you can’t. It will pass, and return, and pass again, life in the slow lane.

I'm excited to meet people in his life @Maggie. It's a bit (a lot) tricky to do given the recent nature of things so it's a big step to meet anyone (I could be seen as the dirty secret if that makes sense, which neither of us want). He's met many people in my/our life now as it's a lot less tricky that way. It will be good to connect with someone important to him. Things feel easy with him now and I'm really happy there 😊

Soccer is super popular with those playing. It's something they both look forward to lots. Both have boots now, one who wears a pair to match their uniform colours and the other got new ones last weekend. They wanted to be different so they chose plain black (with a hint of neon) 😂 All wear bright and neon so black was different which made me laugh. Back when I was little it was the reverse. They're itty bitty sized boots. Mega cute 😍

You're so wise Maggie ❤ I know it doesn't feel like it sometimes but I see it. Things go up and down (and wobbly and round and back). Rolling with it is the best way sometimes.

I better do the waking up and lunch thing. Middle's off adventuring with school today so they start early. Having Mr here makes that a little easier than usual as I won't have to be in two places at once. He'll take Little to school. My crew are comfortable around him - another big thing that feels good.

Hope there's something that feels good in the grey and black 🖤💜💙💚💛🧡❤
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance