Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

@Sans911  Hi. I see you behind the support button. Thankyou. Hope your day is ok ish. 💜💕💜

I love that @Maggie. My thoughts are along those lines too. I believe that knowing yourself and reflecting on your own experiences gives a type of understanding that can't be taught. It's wanting to/being able to see unseen and hear unsaid. Maybe being able to meet ourselves where we are at helps us to be able to meet others where they are at. I have to believe that good has come from what I've been through and a kind of felt understanding (not 'knowing' but feeling maybe - so tricky to find words for 😖) is part of it for me maybe.

I really like the part you said about having more unanswered questions than wisdom. The thoughts that jumped into my mind on that are that I feel part of wisdom is in questions leading to more questions, having questions that often don't have answers, and being able to sit with that with ourselves and with others. It's curiosity and uncertainty, and knowing we don't know everything.

Definitely something I can see would make a lot of thinking happen. I can also see my head ticking over thinking about it all. It's a super nice thought to be leaving with this morning, and one I'll definitely hold on to as I head in there this morning to try and do all of that above.

I really appreciate you Maggie. I hope there is good in your day, choir or no choir ❤

And ditto @Sans911. So nice to see you in any way we do ❤

Better fly. 💜 for all.

@CheerBear  Dropping off a thought or two. Hope your gig went well. Not sure if you are visiting unwell person today, which means there is a lot of travelling and so much more in today for you, if that is happening. Take care where you can.0B5F96F0-3785-4A52-8F1C-DA73B835B4F1.jpeg

That's a beautiful looking cuppa and a lovely one to start the day with, thanks @Maggie.

No visiting today 🙂 I'm chairing an early meeting at school (thats a fun one now) then a big NDIS meeting here (that's a very un-fun one) so another big-ish day. Gig went really well thanks. It makes a massive difference to me to have it in my life.

How are you going this morning and how was your yesterday?

@CheerBear  Some good in today, some not so good. Yesterday sounds like it really was a good one. 😁😁

My Yesterday was kind of strange. The dog sitting went just fine. Then I mustered up some false courage for the choir....... about 16 of us turned up.......but no choir.!!! Waited till 3pm, they were supposed to show at 2pm. I thought I spotted someone who looked like they were arriving, so mentioned it to another person, they asked if she was part of the choir.......big oopsy .......she’s a new resident. 🤭🤭

Really good one yesterday. I'm going to try hard to hold on to that and not let the NDIS make those feelings go away today @Maggie.

How strange with the choir doing a no show! Was it OK for you that you found that courage only for them to no-show? I had a bit of a giggle with the new resident. I think that would be a fun way for her to meet people but understand that's probably a bit awkward too. Good to hear dog sitting was OK and more go you for making it to choir in the afternoon.

It was a bit discouraging @CheerBear  as I know a few others made a huge effort to attend also. We are asked to support things that are arranged, then no explanation as to a no show. If they come another time, it will be a no show from me. 👍👍

Go you @CheerBear  trying not to let NDIS steal your good from yesterday.

I also hear of a flat becoming available at the end of the month. My counsellor  who is away atm, has a partner working with her, so I contacted her to see if I might be considered. Not looking good, but still a little bit of me is hoping. Spilly I know, setting myself up for a fall. 🤔🤔

Thats definitely discouraging @Maggie, especially with no explanation and with being asked to support things organised 😏

That's big sounding with the flat. I get it with feeling silly having hope with something like that. Housing has a way of smashing hope 🙁 One of my parents taught me (not intentionally) to always expect the worst to avoid disappointment and shatteredness. She has a point and in a way it's a helfpul protective mechanism, but I also think there's a lot to be said for finding and holding glimmers of hope and trusting that we can cope with the fall out if we need to. Your counsellor has been away for a while now.

Littlest just woke up screaming with a nose dripping with red. I have to big breathe when my kids do the screaming thing while I'm trying to help them and when it's something that can be settled if they stopped losing their lolly. I get it and all sorted now but gah!

Sorry about little and the red nose dripping @CheerBear  big gah, and good it’s settled after losing the lolly bit. Big breaths, me too for you.

Yes, still 2 more weeks for my counsellor being away. So hard, but I understand she needs a break. I get the parental preparation of protecting mechanism, but I too know I will cope with the lost glimmer of hope, even if I have packed and moved in my mind multiple times. 😩😩😩

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance