Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Need advice please, new member.

I think you are doing a great job already navigating your way around the forums @Former-Member I have seen you post in several threads and connect with a few other members. The weekends are usually much quieter so if you have not had replies as yet then that is generally because people are just not online. I am sure they will reply when they can. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks @Zoe7 . I also registered for the Reach Out Forums and I'm finding them hard to use aswell, no one has interacted with me on there yet.

I should mention, my Beyond Blue account on the Forums was deactivated, because someone was bullying me and I did nothing wrong, but they deactivated my account not the person who did it. Oh well I guess, I apologised and they'll reactivate my account on March 2 although I politely asked them if I can have it back sooner.

Do you know of any other websites that have forums please?

I only interact on this forum @Former-Member so am not aware of any others other than the ones you mentioned. Maybe it is just time you need to build up some connections here and on those other forums. As I said - it is generally very quiet on weekends here so you may find more people coming on board throughout the week. Don't feel diheartened by the lack of responses - I am more than happy to keep chatting with you and helping you find your way around Heart

Thanks again, and no problem at all.

I also have a silly question, sorry. Maybe I'll make a post about it, I did on the BB Forums a while back.

Is it OK to cry in front of a therapist, so my Psychiatrist? Or even a GP, but the Psychiatrist mostly? I've never cried in front of either, I don't want to be seen as weak I guess

@Zoe7 

From my opinion of course it is okay to cry @Former-Member If those emotions you are feeling bring out tears then it is healthier to let them out than hold them in. Crying is in no way a sign of weakness - quite the opposite in fact - it shows you are hurting, sad or feeling deeply what you are feeling. I had tears yesterday at work when I re-injured my back. It was both from pain and the disappointment that I yet again needed time off work. It was in front of our assistant principal and Principal but I didn't care because it was how I was feeling at the time. They both completely understood ...and handed me tissues - which compeltely validated my frustration and pain at the time. Anyone that wants to stop you crying when that is what you are feeling is about their own insecurities and not allowing you to express yourself in your own way.

Thanks for the reassurance, I guess you're right.

Sorry to hear that you cried and hurt your back, I hope you feel better soon.

Yeah I guess it's hard on Skype, since he can't hand me tissues or anything but hey, maybe one day I'll try.

I did say to him last time (a few days ago) that I feel like I'm a burden and I'm sorry, and he said "you're not a burden, that's my job." My parents tried to reassure me of that but it was different and better coming from him but I still feel that way because my GP is lazy and hopeless and my Psychiatrist has to do all the work even prescribe me meds. 

I also made a new post about this, since I'm bored.

@Zoe7 

Hi @Former-Member nice to meet you.

Just letting you know I am reading and its good that you feel comfortable posting here.

Feel free to tag me if you need some help. I too was on the Beyond Blue forum but find this one so more supportive and in real time which is good.

Take care xoxo

Snowie

Oh that's appalling @Former-Member, I'm sorry you've had this experience. It's so hard to seek help, and then to get this treatment when you do is really unacceptable.

Like @Zoe7 said, I would ask your psych to help you with a complaint. Sure nothing may happen, but 100% nothing will happen if you don't. Refusal to prescribe medication is beyond me... 😬 

You could consider printing this post out or showing your new gp what you've written. I think it's important to know where you're at with your care and the impact it's had on you.

I'm pleased you are still seeking help. You are worth it 💙

Thanks @Molliex and others, I appreciate the kind words.

I agree with you, it is wrong. My Psychiatrist agrees.

I just don't know what to do anymore

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance