Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

@BlueBay LOL a technology-fast!!!

I’m so addicted to my phone.  I know I’m bad. @BPDSurvivor 

@BlueBay @If being addicted to your phone means you’re bad, then we’re all bad!!! LOL... but seriously... try it. After my technology-free week, I’ll let you know how it went. Doesn’t start until another week’s time though. 😉

I could try at night first @BPDSurvivor  😂 stop using it before bed 

good luck. Would love to hear how you go. 

@BlueBay  And I’d love to hear how you, or anyone else, goes with a technology-fast! Even if it’s 5minutes! Remember to start small or you may feel the effects of technology-withdrawal!!

Hi @Decadian @Shaz51  responding to your posts from page 311 here.  Re :  Darwin weather.  Most people consider there are only 2 seasons - wet and dry.  In fact local aboriginal people say there are 6 - knock-em down (August,very windy), build-up (September to Oct or even Nov some years -hot and very humid), monsoon (December to March or April), run-off (at the end of the monsoon, when lots of water creatures breed up and the wetlands drain out to sea), magpie geese season (around April-ish), and dry season (usually May to July).  So the official tourist season is from May to September and you can expect no rain and June/July slightly cooler days and evenings.  Personally I love the start of the monsoon and the run-off periods too, having lived there 16 years this time around.  (2001 to 2016) 

Hope you get there @Owlunar  - not sure which name to tag you with so I've used both.

When you are preparing let me know and I'll suggest some places to visit.  It's much easier to enjoy the place if you can hire a car, otherwise you end up doing it with heaps of young backpackers. 

Hi @eth 

I started here using the name Decadian but signing off using Dec - I liked it better. Then there was some kind of glitched and my account was closed so I opened a new one and went on using the same threads using Dec as my avatar-name and that's what happened - I don't have two accounts but somehow answer to both names. It's one of those mysteries of life

I surrendered my licence when I hurt my spine - I still get sudden painful spasms at times and when I get one of these for a moment or two I am off the planet with the intense pain so I am not inclined to drive again - a moment or two sitting in a chair reading is neither here nor there - behind the wheel of a car it would be a different story

Packpackers are a different species - I have seen them around - there are some strange people in airports - perhaps they are packpackers - I don't know - I have the feeling they hitch-hike though - not something I am about to try

But perhaps backpackers take tour buses - which is what I might try if I really want to see something - normally I walk around a lot when I am in a different city.

But yes - let me know what is interesting when the time comes which will most likely be next winter - July most likely - a good time to get out of Melbourne - 

Another thing I want to do is to have a flight over the Kimberley in a sea-plane - that is high on my list and I would be doing that in July too - Australia has a lot to offer

Thanks Eth

Dec

Australia is awesome. So diverse. I’ve been around the world, but there’s no place like home (Australia). 

@Owlunar Thanks for your story

Dear all,

Don't forget it is BPD awareness week next week 1-7 October 2019! There are events nationwide, so hopefully these cyberhugs can turn into real face-to-face hugs. You can also run your own event.

Check out stories from real people. Visit  bpdawareness.com.au

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance