Call Us: 6231 3212 | Email: info@womenshealthtas.org.au

Forums Home

Lived Experience Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Experiences of Grief

Hi @kylspike 

You have had a lot of losses in your life - I understand these things - I did a lot of investigation into grief and its causes earlier in my life and they all add up and when another is added the total becomes expontential - it really does

Your termination is a hard one to take in - I spoke to someone a long time ago who didn't realise that her termination was a cause for grief and the terrible way she was feeling - and your Mum leaving when you were a teenager would be really hard to manage also - and then you have the other things which you see as causes for grief and added together add to the load you carry - and rightly so - the loss of relationships are causes and also - among other things - your perceived inability to provide a safe place for your son and your pets as well as yourself - though this may be beyond you atm

But it is a heavy load to carry - the loss of your good health is a serious one too - one we really understand here

I would like to welcome you to the forum family - we help each other here - and I certainly identify with multiple losses as will others 

All the best

Dec

Hi @eth 

Sometimes there are no right words - in fact - when it comes to grief there is so little that can be said to communicate our feelings - I understand

But hugs yes - if a person gives a bear hug they can take a bear hug - in my family most people give ritual hugs and kisses when we turn up and when we leave - but forget the bear hug - they don't like it

Except for my sister in law - now she and I always share a bear hug and at family funerals they are the best hugs of all and better than all possibe words

I'm sending a bear-hug Eth - 

Dec

bear hug.jpgThose right words are tucked in here somewhere

After a while most people are old enough to have experiences some grief.  Learning to call it simply rather than always getting caught up in the story.

grie f.jpg

For urgent assistance, call: