Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: anRe: A long rave

Thanks @TAB 

It has settled. He is at his place and I am doing the painting job.  Not done in 18 years.  It will help me reorganise place and i will move into his old room, and eventually sublet the front of the house with ensuite.  I get the bath!  Might help me work out car things.

A long rave

Ha ha silver linings guess @Appleblossom  re bath, cannot beat having access to bathtub esp when no ones else around to bother you lol

Re: A long rave

Kitchen and euro laundry and main bathroom was "his" end of house and did not feel comfortable having baths most of the time I have lived here.  So yes.  Can put a cuppa on and choose inside or outside table to sit at.  I am cut up about it, but not time to go over it all.

I get to do a small reno on vanity and maybe new carpet after paint is done.  That would be more fun than the insulation which is what I was going to do ..???

@TAB  Nice having grown ups to talk to.

I guess being old implies grown up @Appleblossom  lol well at least you have options now and hope he is okay. 

Just a quick hi to everyone as it nears midnight. Been away from any regularity on the forum for more than a year now, maybe as much as 18 months. Ups and downs and rounds about etc, mental and physical health both, and of course the big P we are all going through. I notice that one of the regulars here has become a 'former member'. Don't have it in me to read enough posts to work out who that is. May they find wellness whatever they are doing in life.

Special hi to @eth and @Exoplanet whose posts I just read on Exo's Expose. Lovely to have a back and forth with you both. Great to hear you up and happening with poetry again, eth, and performing it via Zoom. Nice to know we are both on the upward rise with our creativity again after months of not much happening due probably to the shock of the times. Exo, lovely to read more about your trip away, which sounds more and more fabulous the more I know of it, and of your massage. Interesting to read eth's thoughts on it too, from her perspective as a practitioner.

Love to all. Heart

Hi @Mazarita  think the former member might be @sherry

Hi again @Mazarita   yes it's wonderful having a catch up chat with you at last!  I'm not here anywhere near as much as I was for a while there.  Even tho' I'm at home a lot more due to covid, I am keeping much busier offline.  Better for my mental health at this time - I was going down the rabbit hole too often for too many hours.  

Speaking of keeping busy - I'm going for a bike ride this afternoon with a support worker who is happy to come with me.  First time in many years that I'm getting on the bike.  Kinda looking forward to it and not sure how my lack of fitness will hold out so only planning a short one today, but hope to build up in the next little while.  Definitely need to work on my health, especially heart and lungs.  But also general strength.  I'll be here for longer tomorrow if you do feel like a real time conversation.  Lots of love back to you my long time friend Heart

Good morning afternoon (!) and warm greetings to all who've tagged me since Friday.  Sorry I've not been around, but offline life has been happening in a healthy way.

I'm busy again this afternoon so wanted to say hi to you all and let you know I am following along, just don't have a lot of words atm.  I will be here for longer tomorrow if things go according to plan.

@Judi9877 @MDT @WIP @Angels333 @greenpea @frog @TAB @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @Anastasia @Bezak482 @Maggie @CheerBear @JB70 @Zoe7 @outlander @Exoplanet   thanks a lot for including me when I'm not around as much.  

Covid has reared its ugly head again in my town so I've just had to cancel one of my support workers  - just when I was planning to increase my time with her from 1 to 4 hours a week.  Someone she's connected to is unwell and getting tested after being at one of the hot-spot venues.  At this stage my other support worker is clear of it so I'll be having 2 x 2hr outings with her this week fingers crossed.  Going for a short bike ride this afternoon - trying to turn over a new leaf re fitness, which has declined even further over the last 4 1/2 months (hard to believe we've been distancing for that long).

Hope you're all having a peaceful day and reaching your goals for self-care.  take care and stay kind everyone.

That is frustrating about your support worker but hoping she is all clear and not affected by the virus @eth Good on you for upping the physical fitness - I need to do the same when I am feeling better so I should get the bike out and follow your lead.

Take care of you too Hon - hugs and hugs Heart

Hello @eth 

hello to you too! Covid is wreaking havoc and certainly adds to daily challenges that's for sure! A bike ride sounds lovely, good for you!! Enjoy the fresh air and scenery, take care x

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance