Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing relationships

Shadow0-1
New Contributor

Relationship questions

Hello, this is my first post. I’m going through a weird time right now. I’m interested in a person but I’m pretty sure that they are interested in someone else. What do I do?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Relationship questions

Hey there @Shadow0-1 ,

Welcome to the forums. It's great you've been able to connect with us. 

I'm sure you are not alone in what you are experiencing.

In fact, I was only speaking to 2 different people about something similar today. 

I'll be honest, I don't have much advice, but I hope the community here will be able to provide some more insight into what you are going through at the moment.

Hi @Shadow0-1 Welcome to the forum, nice to have you here. This can be a tricky one, 

Are you receiving any signs from this person that they are interested in you? 

I know it can be hard sometimes, but have you expressed your feelings towards this person? Told them how you feel about them?

Maybe they are not aware that you are interested in them?

Wishing you all the best, looking forward to your feedback. 

Hi @Shadow0-1 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for sharing what you're going through.

I think many of us have experienced having feelings for someone, only to realise that person doesn't even notice us. 

I've gone through this several times myself and have even questioned my own worth because of it.

I respect you for reaching out to talk about this. It shows great strength, as it can bring up difficult emotions. It's completely normal to feel uncertain or vunerable when dealing with matters of the heart.

One thing that might be helpful is to take a moment to focus on what you need right now. When we're unsure about someone else's feelings, it can create a lot of inner tension and self doubt. So, maybe instead of focusing soley on what they may or may not feel, try to connect with what feels right for you in this moment.

It's ok to have feelings for someone, and it's also ok if the situation doesn't unfold the way you hope. While it may be hard, giving yourself permission to process this without needing to know all the answers right away can be a kind and compassionate step for yourself.

It might also help to think about how you could express your feelings to this person. This could give you more clarity about the attraction and how it aligns with your own needs.

Approaching it as an exploratory exercise can lead to personal growth, helping you to work through and manage any emotions that may come up along the way.

You deserve clarity and peace, no matter what happens.

Be kind to yourself

Kindly Alisse

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance