Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Hey, sorry it's taken me a bit to get back to you @outlander. I'm trying to do about 20things at once.

My psychologist appt was OK. She suggested a few strategies to try to get me motivated.

I saw the urologist earlier, and it's back for minor surgery again in a month. My new mood stabiliser might actually be making things worse but I think they are working well as my mood is evening out and my SI is a lot less. I'm still quite flat but I guess better to be flat than suicidal hey?

I saw on your other thread that you've started a new medication. I understand you're anxious about possible side effects but if that does happen there's probably other alternatives for you.

I see my pdoc next week. I think she is going to increase the mood stabiliser.

its ok, im not going anywhere so no rush to respond @Sans911
fingers crossed your psychs suggested strategies are helpful

oh im sorry your having to go through the minor surgury again. is this the same one you done a little while back that seemed to work well for you?

hmm yes that balance of meds always seems to come into play but if they are actually helping you it might be worth staying on them.
really good to hear your SI is alot less too, really good to hear.

yeah im starting a new med tonight, ive managed to take it. it not so much the side effects of it that worries me though but hoping it helps anyway. i done some reading up on it so im not in the dark with it which was helpful but also added a few worries thatll ill need to write down to ask next time i see the gp.

I'm back from my meditation now lil Sis .

Still trying to get a few things done at the same time but I'm winding down as well. They can wait until tommorow.

@outlander 💜 💜

@Sans911  💜💜 💜

Winding down and leaving the other stuff till tomorrow sounds  like a good idea 

How are you tonight? What are you doing? @outlander

Im ok i guess. Bit meh but i can manage that. @Sans911 

Im not doing  much sis  just chatting with you and playing zoo tycoon on my Nintendo  ds. I found it during my cleaning mission the other day.

What are you doing atm? Do you have much on tomorrow? 

'meh' is one of my moods in my mood diary (on my phone). It's used a lot. But today was actually a good day.

I haven't used a Nintendo for years! I just play James on my phone.

I'm just finishing off some administrative computer work for an organisation I've just recently got involved (and volunteered to help them with admin and social media). Just about to put computer aside, make a Milo and maybe read a book for a little while.

Tommorow is a quiet day, so time to knock out this damn assignment. That's my aim.

It's getting pretty cold here at night now. It'll be time to add a blanket under the doona very soon.

Its good to hear today was a good day @Sans911 

I usually play games on my phone too but im bored of those to so ive just got some  music  on and playing the game. Wearing down abit now though so just talking here with abit of music  is ok with me. 

Its abit late for milo in my world otherwise i would  join you. Where are the boys tonight?

Mm that assignment will be good to get  out of the way wouldn't  it. Fingers crossed you can make a good start. 

The past  few night ive been just sleeping  under a sheet and have the fan on! But im weird cause everyone else is walking around rugged up and im in shorts  and a singlet sweating. Need an eye roll emoji here 😕😑

hey @outlander , how are you going, are you still up? I can't sleep

Is this close enough for an eye roll emoji? :face_with_rolling_eyes: I just saw it on @Teej's page and found it in my emojis. Don't tell her but I've been taking emoji lessons on the quiet from her! She's quite the master of emotional emojis lol!

Mr A is lying on my legs, and I've not had my night meds.... Hmmm. Jasper is on his rug at the end of the bed. Both have their backs to me. Such loving creatures - NOT.

Yeah, you are weird, but a good kind of weird. I have my long pj's on, socks, hoodie. It's possible because you have a temperature,or are you always like that.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance