Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

And of course now we are embarking on assessments for our S3 for similar challenges as S1.  With the benefit of hind sight hoping to get supports and interventions in place much earlier Hopfully with more positive outcomes. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

On a more positive note.

I finally have a date for first app with a new councillor... Still more than 6 weeks away but at least I have a date. And a defined idea of what I need from the sessions.

Previous sessions have always ended up been about staying afloat and never an opportunity to deal with past trauma. Unresolved grief or other key barriers. 

So here's hoping this round can be different. 

Uni kicked off for the year this week and already I feel overwhelmed. Was asked if I could do an extra day of work.

Ummm. No sorry. Do that and I would sink like last semester.  Going to have to practice saying NO! on so many levels.

But then if centrelink screws me over I may need all the extra work I can get .😫

I hope so @Determined .... 

I feel the same way about D2 and her siblings, and with what has happened to her dad, giving D2 the right sort of support for her adult life is so important.  Some people think babysitting is all she needs, and keeping her happy.  Not even close .....

Hearing you re the babysitting @Faith-and-Hope 

That approach does little for quality of life into the future. 

So when NDIS LAC called last week to say 'good news, your new plan is approved' 

She failed to mention that funding had been cut by 2/3 And would not even cover services currently acceded never mind supports reccomended by extensive assessments carried out (at NDIS expense). 

So now I have to manage a review process for this as well as the centrelink audit. 

And anticipating this semester at uni will be intense. 

Would love to be able to run away and hide atm. 

Rant over. 😴🤪🤮

"Aaaargh" kind of covers it @Determined?

Hope the review process treats you kindly. 😞

Would be handy if I actually knew what the review process intailed  @Smc 

But it seems as though they juat look at it again without any further input from us. 

Whatever. 

Screenshot_20200227-122939_Samsung Internet.jpg

He is making good progress with the supports he has been accessing but it looks like we will have to cut back. 

And of course because he has absolutely no idea about $ he will not understand why. 

Hope things go ok with reviews*  @Determined 

*Edited post  😁

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance