Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

MedicinalGypsy
Senior Contributor

Support applying for ndis

My health professional and other people this week have suggested I apply for ndis, since symptoms of my mental health and overwhelming symptoms from multiple health problems my capacity to understand forms and such is limited now apparently there's a 3 month wait to access support person to help me complete this off .... feels like it's a battle to get support and I don't know how I'm going to collect evidence the names of things they cover I can't even say half the names 

Life's hard 😪 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Support applying for ndis

I hope you will be able to get some support. Does the health professional you are seeing have any suggestions on who you can ask to help you with your paperwork? @MedicinalGypsy 

@ Tyme I was told this morning to ring ndis they maybe able to Ref me 

TW: death

Content/trigger warning
I had a dreadful experience yesterday referral to gastroentrologist and when I called to make an appointment I found out he died 8 years ago I burst into tears and hung up 

Oh no @MedicinalGypsy ! I'm so so sorry to hear that. It must have been frightening to hear. 

At the same time, I'm sort of surprise you were given that information?

How are you feeling about what happened yesterday?

Hugs

@tyme they gave me wrong number so I google search that's when I discovered he was dead, shocked and very emotional I cried all the time my empathy and compassion and tears come for everyone 

I'm so sorry to here this @MedicinalGypsy . It sounds like you have a really big heart and you feel what everyone is going through.

I read you use an anxiety app. Are there other things you find helpful? Or example, any hobbies?

@tyme no Dr is under alot of pressure when I visit weekly my health symptoms are extremely overwhelming I haven't slept a whole night since Sept 2022 and I am tired

No wonder you are tired @MedicinalGypsy 

We hope you get your needs met so that you find yourself able to rest. This takes time. 

I used to stay up for days on end with my insmonia.

@tyme I had a work accident fell off s ladder onto concrete floor this has left me with chronic pain Fibromyalgia both arms have nerve damage and I have tendons Tearing there extremely week. I try and go into a hydrotherapy pool unfortunately I am hitting a brick wall for me to use the hydrotherapy pool I require incontinence physiotherapist to do a review before I'm allowed in the pool and I need a letter from cardiologist it's all too much for me

That's a terrible accident @MedicinalGypsy . To live the ongoing effects of a work accident must be so hard.

I hear it is very hard for you at the moment to go through all the process. But hopefully, if you get NDIS, you can get a support or social worker to walk with you through some of these processes.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance