Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

Thanks so much @Maggie ..... 💜💕✔️🤗

“My home is my sandcastle” ..... it keeps being washed away ..... 

When we enter a new time of chaos like this, I “withdraw operations” and reduce myself to functioning in the immediate space around me throughout the day .... like walking in my own private spotlight ... where everything beyond that border of light is indistinct, peripheral.  It gets me through.

When the chaos stops for a while, I start picking up the pieces and trying to fit them back together.

This time it has been happening on several fronts at once.  A new level of overwhelming, that I could see coming but like with the rest of it, I am powerless to stop it without causing a bigger one on all fronts ..... so I am still pretty much in my little sporlight .... just moving through the immediacy of each day.

I can see that my kids are doing the same, except one or two who are stop-start with it.

I am enjoying my current Photoshop project ..... and I am  narrating my woes and values into art projects.  You would have to know my circumstances to be able to “read” them that way, and my visual diaries are a cathartic way to find a voice about it all.

So is being here.

💜💐💕💜💐💕💐

@Faith-and-Hope  I know the sandcastle home being washed away feelings. My circumstances are different, I know, and stresses come from different sources, so I understand, to an extent.

I push through with crafts when I can, it’s been a lifesaver, along with my fur baby, but it’s hard.

So wish words could be helpful, but at the end of the day, they are words, but behind them are people who care. Many of us here are sending the best wishes, vibes and hopes for change. In the meantime there’s art, and baby dragons. 💜💕💜

Thank you so much @Maggie ...... it means the world to me 🌷

I am experiencing paychosomatic anxiety symptoms just being in this (western) space at the moment, and they don’t settle just by going to the cafe.  Generally it takes a few days to calm down.  I am drinking a tea that is supposed to help.  

Knowing that I am heard, and felt, here means so much in a world and amongst people where there is little to no understanding.

One of my baby dragons roared at me this evening ..... clearly having their own reaction ..... but that has sent me into a bit of an emotional tail-spin too ..... not helping with the symptoms .....

Going back into assignment-land now till I am too sleepy to remain there and can go to bed.

@Faith-and-Hope  I’m not surprised you are experiencing psychosomatic anxiety with so much upheaval, and the roars from a baby dragon. You sound fragile and worn out, and why wouldn’t you. 

I hope assignment land eased a little of what’s happening to you and around you. So feel for you. 💜💕💜684C9EC2-EC01-44B4-A5E1-615CBDA46C0B.jpeg

Adding another voice here of people who see you @Faith-and-Hope. Being mum, trying to find some kind of stable for your babies, sitting with the fall out of roars while holding understanding of them, trying to find some calm in the storm for your own sanity... it's all so big and tiring and tricky sometimes. Sending you big, big ❤ faith-and-hope.

💜💜 @Maggie @CheerBear 

😔

Former-Member
Not applicable

busy-080837_1.jpeg

💗 Hugzzzzzzzzzzz 💗

((((( @Faith-and-Hope )))))

Just keep swimming 🐬

Thanks @Former-Member .... can’t see the pic yet.  Will come back for it.

💕

@CheerBear 

Just checking in with a bear of unknown cheer but thinking there could be more cheer if she had an extra set of hands or two and a time machine to have those extra hands in multiple places at once. 

@Faith-and-Hope  Wondering how you are too. 

I am finding it a bit hard to know where to start here. This morning I was composing a post for the intro thread to new members when I was interrupted by a phone call and never got back to it 😬

I was lucky enough to be offered a week in respite last week which came at the exact time I began falling over (I nearly rang and cancelled it as I was struggling to get there and just was curling up in a ball). It helped so much and I was able to do some big hard stuff re property stuff while I was there with support after. We had a great group and I really enjoyed it. We were out everyday and it was a busy but fun one. 

Ive come home in a much better headspace but all systems need to be go as my surgery is next week. I’ve had some wins with now being under the weight I needed to for the other surgery to occur. I am eating differently to before and I think it suits my body more. I have a bit more energy and I think it’s helping my mood. I’m still very much learning about it as well so that has taken up lots of my time. 

My head has been filled with lots and lots lately and not just the stressful stuff but future thinking stuff. I worked on my first resume ever the week before respite. I’m so not ready for work yet but am very much in the contemplating stage. I have much to work through before work is possible but it is starting to be on the horizon. You should see my list of things for my psych :face_with_rolling_eyes:🤔😳. I think there could be a few months worth 😲 I’ve also had lots of epiphanies about small life stuff but won’t bore you all. 

Life has changed here but I’m not sure how that change will affect me yet as I’ve been away. 

Sending hugs to all who read this. I was going to tag but it felt wrong too. It’s always a hard one....to tag or not to tag. 

@Teej 💜💜
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance