Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: I'm back

hello shaz51
I have spoken about this with my psychiatrist. I feel as though I am propping most of the family up. I tiptoe around people. I use the I am fine response all the time now.

hello @Former-Member

how did you go ? what did your psychiatrist. say ?? my friend xx

Hi @Former-Member

I feel exactly the same at the moment.  how are you? Not sure that I have spoken to you before 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

hello @BlueBay I just deleted what I had written and then read pip's response below. I didn't want to upset you further but I had written almost word for word the same as pip - if the doctor cant find it he or she needs to start looking!! internal ultrasound.

Hi @Former-Member

I have had an internal ultrasound, then an xray but nothing.  I can't believe that there is nothing.  Now waiting for an appt to see gyno.

ps.  i don't mind you writing same as pip, but i can't find pip's response.

pip
Senior Contributor

Hey @BlueBay. My response is on the previous page. However, after reading your latest post re: internal ultra-sound, x-ray and locating nothing, I have to wonder? If the mirena was still inside, and x-ray or ultra-sound would've located it. Also you would've been in incredible pain. The fact you're not tells me perhaps the mirena could've dislodged and fallen out. If the gyno finds nothing, he may order an examination under anaesthetic. I realize you are 'freaking out', it's scary not knowing. However, if it has fallen out, you may have to consider another form of birth control. I sincerely hope for your sake, the mirena has dislodged and you will be okay. How long before you see the gyno?

Hey @pip

Not when and if the gyno will see me.  My GP faxed the referral while i was in his rooms tonight.  So on Monday i will give gyno a call and make sure receptionist has received the referral.  Gyno is back from holidays on wednesday so i am hoping he will say 'yes' to seeing me.  Otherwise it won't be unitl January and i don't think i can wait that long.  But my GP was not worried about it at all, saying oh you must have passed it when you were on the toilet.  But i still think that i would have noticed.  Anyway, I am nervous, worried and have no idea what to expect next.

Yes my own GP inserted it and he is too quick to say oh it just fell out.  but yet the ultrasound and xray didn't pick it up???  Don't need to worry about birth control, i had my tubes tied many years ago; this was just to help with the blood loss.

Former-Member
Not applicable

hello sadgirl
pip's response is under mine here. if you are not in discomfort and the internal ultrasound showed nothing perhaps you has passed it especially if you have loss of blood but I'm not medically trained. if you aren't in pain perhaps try to put it out of your mind , heaven forbid you have enough else going on in your life, what does sadgirl like doing? listening to music, reading, dancing, walking, swimming, meditating, singing, telling jokes? tell us your friends on here want to know. we care about you sadgirl. big hug xxx
Former-Member
Not applicable

hello shaz51 honestly I don't remember. I have had such a rollercoaster ride of emotions over these past few weeks, days, hours. I did hear some fabulous news today though, my twin sister has had heart problems for over 12 mths and had an ablation on the left ventricle which she found out yesterday was successful. she was having 34,000 extra heartbeats than normal and is now down to 8 so over the moon about that. how are you?

Hi @BlueBay 🙂

If the reason for the mirena was to help with blood loss.......have you noticed a change there?

If everything appears pre-mirena, then, may well have been dislodged.

I agree with mohill, put it out of your mind. It's said that the majority of things we worry about never happen, so try to say .."ahh well. I'll find out when I get to the doc. No big deal" and forget it. 😉

I don't know how easy, or if even possible, to change your name on Sane, but maybe if you changed to "notsadgirl", you would not be constantly reminding yourself to be "sad", but rather "not sad". Self talk related idea 🙂

Hugs 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance