Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Powderfinger
Senior Contributor

Exhaustion and need to get better, just a bit quicker.

I am so very fatigued. I need to deal with this exhaustion. I'm vegetarian so usually eat well. I can't cope with this fatigue and exhaustion anymore. It's taking up a lot of my time but Zim not getting anywhere. I don't know what to do and how to do it. I just really want to start climbing out of this fatigue. 

I know I can see a doctor, that's obvious. I'm looking for other suggestions. Suggestions hat I can incorporate perhaps a bit more permanently.

Thanks all. 

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Exhaustion and need to get better, just a bit quicker.

@Powderfinger  Hi Ramble I am a vegetarian nearly vegan and am exhausted most of the time. I think it is meds for me. The meds I am on make me so tired that I am now sleeping 13 hours at night and having naps throughout the day. I take vitamins and eat pretty well (could eat better though). Am looking forward to hearing what others say. peax

Worth while seeing a doctor just to get some blood tests to make sure all is okay and take it from there. I'm Vegetarian also and it's good to get iron B groups etc. checked just to make sure all okay. If not you'll know what to improve as far as diet goes. Stress worries etc. can also affect your energy levels big time? Meanwhile be gentle on yourself and stick to light exercise for now. Hope this helps and you get your energy levels back up soon. 

Hi Ramble.:)

Great to see so many vegetarians in here. 

A quick visit to GP will help. May be you just need some specific vitamins to help you along.

If it's sunny where you are...try sitting in a sunny quiet space. Can be very healing.

Hugs 

@Powderfinger  It might be low iron levels. I’m vegetarian, and always iron deficient. You feel exhausted and dizzy at times. Definitely worth a blood test.

Maybe try getting a massage or finding a good quiet spot to spend some time.  People say yoga helps but I found my mind too restless for this. Depression drains me soooo much as well, but do find good music or breathing exercises help. Keep ya chin up.

@greenpea hmmmm....I'm not sure. I don't think it is my medication. I think mine is to do with almost two years of neverending stress. No breaks. Finally I'm just done in. I don't want more medication. I need to change my life and that's it now. 

I haven't been eating well lately, if at all. What vitamins do you take? 

@Maggie it us a definite contributor. My iron levels were at 6 last year. More than likely less now. The doctor wanted me to have an iron infusion. I declined as I'm petrified of needles. It takes me time to work up the courage just for a blood test. Not sure what to do. I've got iron tablets, I should take them. I know with my levels though they probably won't make much of a difference. 

@PowderfingerUnfortunately not allowed to say on the forums ...... but let us say this everything available for middle aged women. I figure they cannot hurt and am too scared to stop taking them in case I fall apart at the seams. 😄

@greenpea oh yes, forgot about that very necessary rule. Got you. I'll get there. I do believe in Chinese medicine and massage. There is a place down the road that Is think I might pay a visit to. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance