Skip to main content

Open 9.15am–4pm Mon–Thurs

25 Lefroy Street
North Hobart, Tasmania 7002

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

nashy
Senior Contributor

Our Turn to Speak: help shape Australia’s future

Hello wonderful community members. We have an exciting piece of work to share with you! SANE Australia has recently launched ‘Our Turn to Speak’ - a national survey that aims to give a voice to Australian’s living with complex mental health issues.

OTTS-StakeholderItems-1200x628-3.jpg

In order to advocate for better support for people affected by complex mental health issues and to improve social outcomes, we are seeking a sample of 7,000 respondents. The survey seeks to understand people’s experiences across a broad range of “life domains” including: housing, employment, education, mental/healthcare, finance, media, relationships and many many more areas.

More than 690,000 Australians aged 18 and over live with complex mental health issues. We want to find out if and how your experience of these issues impacts the way people treat you. Have your say. Find out if you’re eligible to participate. Giving a voice to Australians living with complex mental health issues. Our Turn to Speak. 

This is a really incredible and exciting advocacy piece. Check out the website for more details, there is also information around how to share this with friends, family and networks.

www.ourturntospeak.com.au

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Our Turn to Speak: help shape Australia’s future

@nashy 

I have had a look and believe this to be the case but can I please confirm that this survey is not for carers.

Hi @Former-Member 

Yes that is my understanding - just lived experince, not carers.  Here is the summary:

"Our Turn to Speak is a national survey that seeks to understand the life experiences of people living with severe and complex mental health issues in Australia"

cheers

Whitehawk

Hi @nashy @Whitehawk 

I completed this survey and was sent a $25 voucher.

Hey there @Former-Member  thanks heaps for highlighting!

How good is the voucher! @BlueBay  Awesome 🙂 And thank you for completing and helping to improve future policy for complex mental health Heart 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance